22.

--

Aaina Zaydaan.

First lady, Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Striving for a better country with love and peace. Humanity comes first.

@AainaZaydaan : As I visited the panahgah foundation for the very first time, I realised that these people had something to offer that wasn't too expensive but always high in demand. Love. With love and with passion, we can change the world. Honored to have addressed the misfits, the old ones, the widows, the orphans. And a very special thanks to afshan bibi who made me wear a beautiful dress, (she told me I reminded her of her own daughter) Honored, privileged and highly obliged. Thank you ❤️

 Thank you ❤️

Aaina.

"Hey, you were so good today. I felt so proud, you know that?!"

Ahad's voice snapped me out of my thoughts as I quickly tried to wipe away the tears that were not leaving my eyes since the past two days.

These damn tears.

These tears made me feel so stupid, so weak, so unworthy. Because he had told me, he had told me on the very first day that he couldn't love me, that he wouldn't love me.

And yet, I had fallen in love with him. Fast, hard.

Why did I do that? Why did I put myself through the pain of loving him? I should have known. It was just a political marriage, not one of love.

It was a marriage that tied us together for the sole purpose of him gaining a certain power.

Then why did you love him Aaina? Why do you love him so damn much?

Why was it so easy for me to fall in love and so hard for him to do so?

What did she have that I didn't? Why did he love her? Did he give her all of his love? How much did he love her that he had none to give to me?

I sniffed, wiping away another tear and looking at Ahad with a shaky smile.

"Aaina, you okay?" As always, my friend was concerned about me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I tried to shrug him off, but it was of no use as he sat by my side, putting a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Tell me what's wrong." He demanded.

What do I tell you Ahad? That your brother doesn't love me?

"It's nothing, it's fine." I insisted. He sighed out loud.

"Okay, I get it. You must have talked about your father with bhai and he must have yelled at you. Right?"

He concluded. Atleast some of it was right. I didn't have it in my heart to talk to Zaydaan again, I didn't want my heart to break again so I had put all my focus on my very first address at a national NGO.