Vellietie

Vellietie ~ a wish or powerful desire for something that nonetheless is not or cannot be followed by actions meant to pursue it
*Outfit*

Vellietie ~ a wish or powerful desire for something that nonetheless is not or cannot be followed by actions meant to pursue it *Outfit*

I sat in the salon drawing in my notebook with my pink furry pen next to Cotton

I sat in the salon drawing in my notebook with my pink furry pen next to Cotton. "So you never told me why you and Derek broke up."

"Girl you know exactly why." I licked my lips and looked at her. "Listen, Derek had something nobody else had. He was special. I'm sad we couldn't be together but I don't regret anything. I'll do it all over." I sighed looking up for her.

"Girl, shut up." She rolls her eyes. "Your poetic ass need to get back there and finish them wigs before my momma come back." That made me start laughing. "I'm surprised you didn't go to church with her."

I closed my notebook and smiled at her. "Didn't feel like it. They were gonna make me sing, like always." I rolled my eyes.

"You're voice is beautiful. It's different." She nudges me. "You can go far with that."

"I wish." I giggled. "I don't know where to start."

"Just put your mind to it." Cotton looks at me writing down.

I opened my mouth to respond but the door opened. The salon quieted down when a curly blonde haired white girl came in.

I sat up on my seat looking at her. "Is Carlotta here?" She asked looking at me and Cotton.

"You find us on Groupon or some?" I smacked Cottons shoulder after that sentence. This girl don't give a damn what comes out her mouth.

I turned to see Bruce walking up behind us. "Carlotta my Auntie and her momma, she ain't here though," I said crossing my legs. "She went to church."

"You know when she's gonna be back?" The girl asked me. As I opened my mouth, Cotton interrupted me.

"Why you wanna know?" I rolled my eyes at her attitude. The girl pulled out a stack of paper and handed them to us. Cotton opens one and we start reading the letter.

"Oh you one of Mary's girls," Bruce says smacking her lips. "Baby, Carlotta about to gag honey."

The girl made a face. "She been looking for you and your sister for a while," I said rolling my eyes at the Bruce.

"You need your roots done." I looked at Bruce again for her to stop disrespecting this girl.

"Oh okay, it's nice to meet you too." She says sarcastically with a smile.

Bruce looked her up and down one last time before walking away.

"She like that every day?" She asks us.

"Girl yes, she can't help it she ugly." I shrug my shoulders and the two girls laugh at me.

I ended up riding with the girls to the church. The prissy ass one about to piss me off though.

We walked into the church, me trying to avoid getting any attention.  "You guys can sit over here," I said leading them to some chairs on the sidelines.

We all took a seat but the girl whose name I found out to be Alexandra. She rolled her eyes impatiently.

Carlotta's eyes scanned over to us looking at the two girls next to me. She was speechless as the walked up to her. I stood back and watch the reunion with the three ladies with a smile.

We sat at the picnic eating and chatting it up with everyone.

"I'm surprised you never set foot in a church," Carlotta says to Alex.

"Nothing wrong with being an atheist," Alex says with a smirk and I choked on my food at the sentence.

"You gon burn," Carlotta says pointing at Alex as Derek comes over.

"Wassup Missy," Derek says rubbing Carlotta's shoulders.

"Now I know you came for the food because I certainly didn't see you in service." She says taking a bite of her food.

"You know we were busy today with the activist thing. Hey, you doing ladies, I'm Derek. I live next door to Ms. Carlotta."

I laugh at him and he looks up at me and smiles. The way he looked at me never changed, the love in his eyes never left.

"Hey, Sparkle." He smirks at me. I looked at him and nodded

As Derek talked Alex took an interest in him. I could tell by the way she looked at him as he talked. The attraction was returned when he smiled at her before he walked away.

"Are you're foster parents treating you well?" Carlotta asked Star and Simone.

"Yeah we got really lucky," Star says quickly.

"What about you?" Carlotta asks Alex.

"I actually don't come from a Foster home. My parents just think traveling is a real learning experience."

"We heard the music scene in Atlanta was crazy, were a girl group." I smiled at them wishing I could have the same ambition as them.

"I've been trying to get sparkle" I groan at the nickname. "I mean Winter to try with her music career. Her voice is beautiful and she's an amazing songwriter. Also, I and your mother had a group. Before you were born, even had a song hit the charts."

"If you guys wanna sing." Carlotta looked at us. "Come sing with us in church."

"Church?" Alex questioned.

"Yes, little witch church." Carlotta looked at her. She then leaned back. "Why Y'all really here. Y'all looking to stay with me?"

Simone hopped up with a "Yes". I smiled at her and took another sip of my water bottle.

"Okay then." Carlotta smiled at them. "Let's get home. We got a busy week ahead of us."

Star rose an eyebrow. "What does that mean." I looked at them and shook my head with a laugh.

"If you wanna stay with me you have to contribute. My shampoo girl got pregnant and quit Again." I laughed as she talks about Meosha. I liked Meosha, she just didn't know what safe sex is.

"You know how to shampoo hair?" I asked Star with a smirk on my face.

"She does." She said pointing at Alex. I laughed as Alex rolled her eyes again.

I then kissed Carlotta cheek. "I'm about to go find Derek." She looked at me and smirked.

"You two could never leave each other alone." She said waving her hand at me. "Go be safe."

I looked at the girls and smiled at them. "I'll see you guys later." I waved at them as I walked away.