Carol Burnett

"only i can change my life,
no one can do that for me."
~ C. Burnett

✶

Before leaving I had nervously taken two Xanax

Before leaving I had nervously taken two Xanax. This was our first real gig with this new manager named Jahil.

As we pulled up to the big ass mansion my heart was like a loud ass drum in my chest. I was so nervous, what if I fell or what if I mess up.

I got out the car following behind Star, Jahil, Simone, and Alex. Cotton stood by me and rubbed my shoulders.

"You'll do fine." She winks before walking in as well. I put my game face on and walked into the room.

A blonde young fine ass dude was in front of us along with who I'd assume to be his mother. Her ass was ugly but I'm not even gonna talk about her because just no.

"Hello, I'm Arlene." The blonde women said holding a glass in her hand.

"His mother." Jahil points to the tall blonde guy.

"This is my house." She says. I don't know if she's trying to prove a point or what. The way she talking to us is like we're below her.

"Hunter, these are the girls I told you about." Jahil pointed at all of us. "That's Simone, Alexandria," then he looked at me and Star and smiled. "And those two are Star and Sparkle." I was shocked that Star told this man my name was Sparkle. I didn't speak on it, but I know damn well Star is gonna have some explaining to do.