Marilyn Monroe

"a girl doesn't need anyone
who doesn't need her"
~ M. Monroe

✶

*Outfit Above*

*Outfit Above*

After a couple of hours of being bored in my room for the night, I decided to take a walk. To get my thoughts together. Most of my thoughts were filled with Derek and Alex. I don't even know why I'm so jealous. I'm the reason why we broke up. Well, not necessarily but I'm the reason why Demarcus tried to kill Derek.

Demarcus was some nigga I fucked with in High school. He was the one person in school everybody was scared of, not me though. Being who my mother is, I felt untouchable. Me not being scared of him attracted him he claims.

I and Demarcus were on and off my whole junior and half of senior year. Demarcus was there when my mother lied about who my birth father was when she admitted she didn't even want to have me, and when I ran away to live with my Auntie.

I meet Derek in my 2nd semester at a party. I fell hard and he did as well. Me falling for Derek was the best mistake I ever made.

Derek was older than me, considering I was a 16 year old senior and that boy was grown.

Demarcus was nothing to play with. This dude literally breathed the streets. That's all he knew growing up because he ain't have nobody to teach him from right or wrong. I was trying to be that person.