Whelve

whelve ~ to bury something deep; to hide

✶

"So your daddy is one of the biggest stars on the planet and you just didn't feel like talking about it? Girl what

"So your daddy is one of the biggest stars on the planet and you just didn't feel like talking about it? Girl what." I smack my lips and rolled my eyes. We're sitting on the back porch waiting for Alex to explain herself.

"Why would you lie about that?" Star crossed her arms and looked at Alex.

"To keep from having a conversation like this one." Alex shot back at Star. I huffed and rubbed my temples.

"Alex, I'm not mad at you about this. It's just you should've told us." I looked up at her and she quickly avoided my eyes.

"So how rich are you?" Simone asks sitting next to me. Alex scoffs and stomps up the stairs but gets stopped by her daddy when he walks out the door.

"So that's the white girl?" He nods his head at Star. Alex nodded and walked away along with her father.

I roll my eyes at them, "that's that rich people shit." Simone shrugs and looks at Star.

"I mean, you are white." I stifle a laugh as Simone cracks up and Star just rolls her eyes again.

I walked back in to see Alex and her parents talking.

"You didn't even tell Mariah you were leaving." Her father said looking at Alex. Star and Simone were seated.

"That better not be your maid." Star laughs sitting on top of the washer. I smirk at her and shake my head.

Alex looks at us and then looks away. "Oh damn, it is." I stifle a laugh again as star and Simone cracked up. I was trying so hard to be serious but this shit is so hilarious. "

"You have bad roots, you insolent hussy." I made a face and smacked my lips.

"Girl," I was cut off by Alex shaking her head at me and Star grabbing my shoulder. "I'm about to just go and mind my business." I walked off.