Chapter 1

"Hey Stiles, can I talk to you for a bit?"

"Sure pops! What's up?" He sighed, rubbing his eyes. I knew he had been stressing a lot, especially after the Nogitsune incident. Even I wasn't over that, not yet.

"I think it would be best for us to take a break."

"A break?" What does that mean?

"Stiles we're moving to Beacon Hills, I got a job at the local sheriff's station and I think it would be good for both of us."

"What?! Moving?!?! What about Derek?! and the pack!!? I can't just leave them!" I exclaimed, this was so unfair. How was I meant to just leave the pack?

"I'm helping out the local Sheriff with the escalated deaths and sightings of Mountain Lions."

"Pfft, as if that doesn't sound familiar." I scoffed, that's exactly what happened when Peter was the alpha. What of we're leaving an infested town for another infested town, who says anything will be better. Maybe it will just be the same roller coaster, except this time I won't have my pack to help me get through it, or people to tell my theories to without sounding like an utter nut case.

"Please don't argue Stiles, It's only until you graduate.-"

"That's two years!"

 "-I'm sure the pack will be fine until then, now go pack your things, we're leaving in three days." I ran up to my room with tears streaming down my face, it may not be fair to my dad but it isn't fair to me either. I picked up my phone with shaky hands, I scrolled through my contacts and pressed Derek's name.

Stiles;) : Hey Derek, can you call a pack meeting? There's something I need to tell everyone.

Sourwolf<3 : Yeah, what's wrong?

Stiles;) : I'm moving to Forks, Washington. My dad's says it will be better for us, to have a break.

Sourwolf<3 : I'm sorry Stiles. I'll call a pack meeting now but even if you do leave, we won't be going anywhere. As much as I hate to admit it, your pack Stiles and once pack, always pack.

Stiles;) : Thanks Sourwolf, who knew you could be so sentimental?

Sourwolf<3 : Just hurry up, everyone will be at the loft in 5.

I smiled and turned off my phone. He was right, I could still visit them and they can visit me. Forks isn't too far away, It'll be okay, it has to be.

I hoped into my car and took a few deep breaths to calm myself down and drove to the loft, I got there before anyone else and waiting anxiously for everyone to arrive. Derek got annoyed with my pacing and threatened to rip my throat out if I didn't stop, which for some reason made me feel better. Maybe the fact that even if I was leaving Derek wasn't going to act like anything was different within the pack, so it might take me a while to get here, I'll still come.

"What's wrong?" Scott asked instantly, frowning as the rest of the pack filed in behind him.

"Stiles has an announcement so everyone needs to be listening." Hearing the seriousness in their alpha's voice everyone watched intently as I stood.

"Well umm, guys, my dad decided it would be good for us to have a break. We're moving to Forks." I looked down holding back tears that threatened to fall, saying this was making it all too real. The pack broke out in rage shouting and a few crying like Lydia, Liam and Scott.

"When are you leaving? And for how long?" Scott asked, looking at me like a depressed puppy.

"In three days, we stay until I graduate and can move back here by myself." I choked out, the tears finally falling and they didn't stop. They didn't stop as Lydia cried harder and the whole pack hugged me, they didn't stop when even Derek hugged me, looking sad.

"We have to make it the best three days we can then." Lydia stated through her sobs, pulling me in for another hug which I gladly accepted. I had gotten over my crush on Lydia and we had found out we get along really well, we're best friends even though Scott is always my number one but he get's busy sometimes.

"That sounds perfect Lyds, I can't believe he's making me leave you guys behind. He knows how much pack means to me, I just can't understand why he would do this." I cried, sniffling.

"I do, Stiles you've done some much for the pack. You've been injured on multiple occasions when we couldn't protect you, I understand why your dad would want you to take a break." Derek responded, seemingly sincere.

"I know, but-"

"Don't think of it as a break, we'll still need you when the next problem comes into town. Just think of it as a re-location, your still able to be everything we need you to be, just a little further away." I nodded and smiled.

"Thank you Derek, your a good alpha." I joked, poking him in the side. He grumbled something about stupid teenagers and left to go upstairs and read his book.

"He totally cares." I said, earning pained but happy laughs. I smiled at Liam pulling him into my arms, come to think of it in a way he's almost like my child.

"I'm still here when you need me, don't hesitate to call and if you stay out even two minutes after your curfew, I will know." He smiled into my shoulder, squeezing me lightly.

"You always do." I smiled to all of the pack one last time, hugging each of them individually. Sure sometimes not all of us got along but we're still family and a pack member leaving is going to hit them all hard, in different ways. I wish I could stop it, but I can. I guess I truly am useless now, all I can do is hope Forks isn't as bad as I imagine.