Chapter 2

"It's not as bad as I imagine, it's worse. Oh, it's so much worse." I moaned into the phone.

"It can't be too bad, I heard there are some good surfing spots." Lydia said, trying to lighten my mood.

"It's so gloomy here, It's dark, cold and it rains all the time. I'm already pale enough!" She sighed, knowing I was right.

"You've only been there two hours it'll get better, when do you start school?"

"Tomorrow, but tonight dad is is forcing me to go to this thing with the Sheriff. Ya'know meet some of the locals, make some friends. It's ridiculous and I want to go home."

"That sucks, you can call me whenever you want Stiles. I'm always here."

"Thanks Lydia, your the best. I'll send you some pictures of the house and my room, they aren't too bad but could use your opinion with the decorating."

"They don't look to shabby, I mean the need a bit of decorating but they look great Sti!" I sighed falling back onto my bed

"There is nothing wrong with them per say, but they just don't feel like home. My room doesn't smell like pack and it's weird knowing that no one will come into my room using the window anymore." Lydia laughed at that.

"Cause  you just adored the scary visits from Derek, didn't you?"

"Well who taught you sarcasm, the last time I checked that was my forte."

"Yeah and your the one you taught me."

"Stiles, we're leaving in ten minutes you should get changed. There will be kids your age there, maybe you'll make some new friends." My dad said softly from the other side of the door, I knew this was hard for him but it was harder on me.

"I like the one's I have or well, had." I sighed as he walked away.

"Don't you think that was a bit harsh?" Lydia asked, I held the phone between my shoulder as I began to rifle through my suitcase.

"Maybe. Anyway what should I wear, I don't want to show up looking like I just came back from the dead." 

"Let's keep it simple, you want to impress but not too much." I nodded and finished rifling through my clothes pulling out a black long sleeved shirt, skinny jeans and my favorite pair of sunglasses.