Chapter 6 - Surprise

“Who are they?”

“Our moms!”

“What?! What they are doing here? How …”

I couldn’t keep myself calm anymore and I started laughing.

“Calm down, I was joking” I said while I was laughing out loud. It was so funny seeing her so shocked.

“How could you do this to me?”

“It was good joke, you have to admit that. And if you will look at these two ladies, you’ll agree that they look like our moms.”

“Well, you are right. Should we tell them that they look like our moms?”

“I don’t think they would be happy to hear this. Let’s just keep it in our secret.”

“Okay”

Our morning shift went really fast. It was probably because the amount of guests – we simply didn’t have time to get bored.

It was 1.50 pm (only 10 minutes to the end of our shift) when they entered our café. I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was Jack with another ‘Jack’ walking toward us. I searched for Lore and she was staring at them in the same way as me (I guess we looked really funny to them – based on Jack’s and ‘Jack’s’ faces).

I tried to look normal but I’m sure that I was staring at them like an idiot.

“Hi Lore, I told you that I’ll come. Why are you so surprised?” Jack said.

“Hi Jack, it’s great that you are here but you are a little bit late.” Lore added. She was not surprised anymore (have no idea how she did that) and she was acting like there was only one Jack, just like yesterday.

“Why?”

“Our shift will end in 10 minutes and then we are going straight home.”

“That means that we are here in time!”

Me and Lore looked at each other with 'whatdoesitmean' look and we were waiting for explanation. Jack probably saw our confused faces so he started explaining.

“If you will end here in 10 minutes we can wait for you here and then we all can go somewhere for lunch. I’m sure you are hungry.”

When I heard word ‘lunch’ my stomach started to rumble – I was really hungry but I didn’t say a word because I didn’t want to interrupt their conversation even if I was part of it. I guess that Lore heard my stomach because she agreed with Jack’s plan immediately.

“That sounds great. Would you like to have some coffee while you’ll be waiting for us?”

“Actually one cheeky espresso would be great.”

“For me too, please.” the other ‘Jack’ added.

“Okay, give me a minute” I said with a little smile to cover my staring look.

“ I hope you are not mad at me that I agreed with the lunch.”

“Of course I’m not mad at you but I wish I would be better dressed.” I said. Yeah, in the morning I grabbed some clothes and I didn't even care if the 'outfit' (if I can call it like outfit) look good or not.

“Chummy you look great in everything. Do you fancy his brother, right?”

“Maybe a little bit. Did you know that he has twin brother?”

“No, he didn’t mention it yesterday. I was in same shock as you when I saw them.” Of course she didn't know it. If she would know it I'm sure she'd mention it yesterday while she was talking about Jack. Yeah it was a long monologue, but I understood it. I guess I would do the same.

“I feel like this adventure with twins will be very interesting.” I added.

“We are ready to go. How about you? Lore said to boys with such a big self-confidence. I like this Lore and I’m sure that Jack likes it, too.

“We are ready, too. Let’s go.”

“So ladies where would you like to go? Or should I ask what would you like to eat?” Jack’s brother asked us.

“What about pizza?” I asked shyly.

“Great idea!” chummy agreed with me which made me happy and next second both boys agreed, too (which made me super happy).

“And we know great restaurant, right Jack.”

“Yeah, you’ll love it there!”