Chapter 7 - Not perfect first impression

I knew that I look horrible because I was tired and hungry which is not a good combination, plus I spent about 2 minutes over my make-up in the morning so I guess you can imagine how I looked. All of this made me realized that I don’t have to try to impress Jack’s brother because every try would be completely pointless.

When our pizza arrived I grabbed the biggest slice and took the biggest bite. I saw everyone staring at me so I said with my mouth full of food: “I’m sorry but I’m really hungry”

After I swallowed the pizza I added: “I’ll be more communicative when my stomach will be full.”

All of them were laughing at me but it was in friendly way (at least I hope for that). I didn’t mind it because I was eating and that was the most important for me.

When I finished my lunch I saw Jack’s brother staring at me. Great! If I have cheese on my nose or better all over my face I bet he will never forget me like that. I started to rub my face to make sure that I don’t have any food on my face.

“What are you doing?” he said while he was laughing at me.

“Checking if I have some food on my face, because you are weirdly staring at me.”

“You don’t have anything on your face. I was looking at you because I wonder what your name is.”

“A little tip for you for next time – just ask and don’t wonder, okay?”

“Okay!” he cut me away.

“I didn’t want to be rude but I felt stupid and I had to say something in return.”

“Let’s just skip this. So what is your name?”

“Goldie”

“Goldie?”

“Yeah, I know it’s a weird name but my English teacher used to call me like that and I like it. It’s because my name, how to say it, doesn’t have a version in English.”

“It’s not weird, it’s special. I like it.” that made me blush a little bit to be honest. But still I don’t know what I should think about him. He is kind of mysterious to me. Wait! I still don’t know his name.

“Thank you and now it’s your turn. I don’t know your name so …”

“So try to guess it” he cheekily added.

“What?! How am I supposed to guess your name?”

“Just try it. It’ll be fun.”

“I’m not a good guesser. Maybe you are ‘Jack the second’?”

Jack’s view

I was talking with Lore for whole the time. She is so sweet and nice and I feel so happy when I’m with her. I’m glad that Charly and Will made me to go to that café – if I would not go there, I would probably never met Lore and that would be horrible. I have to thank them later.

But for now I’m glad that Finn went with me today. It took me a little longer to persuade him but I did it. It’s for sure that his girlfriend will never know that this happened. And I promised him that it will be only for today. It’s the first step and I kind of felt like Lore would not go with me alone for the first date – that’s also what I like about her, she is careful and she doesn’t want to rush anything. Not many girls nowadays are like her. She is simply unique (in a good way of course).

Now I have Lore only for myself and I think that Finny and Lore’s friend are having a good time, too. Everybody is happy so my plan ‘how to get to know better Lore’ is perfect.

“Jack? Are you listening me?” Lore asked me. Oh, I probably got too much into my thoughts.

“I’m sorry, I just still can’t believe that you are from Belgium, because your English is really good.” I said and it’s truth, her English is really good!

“Really? Thank you. We both love English a lot, so we want to be as better as we can possibly be.” She said with her smile. I love that smile – it’s so honest!

“We?” I asked her.

“Oh sorry, I meant me and Goldie. If I will say ‘we’ I’ll probably mean me and Goldie mostly. You will get used to it.”

Okay, but I wish that one time when she’ll say ‘we’, she’ll mean me and herself.

“… ‘Jack the second’.” I heard my name from those two sitting next to us and it took my attention away.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, Goldie is just guessing my name and her first guess was ‘Jack the second’.” Finny said to me while he was looking at Goldie with his flirty smile. Does he remember that he has girlfriend? Because it seems like he is flirting with her. I know this smile and ‘cute look’ how girls call it.

“Oh, I thought that I already introduced you as my brother Fi…”

 “JACK! Let her guess it.” he shouted at me. Okay Finn, I’ll shut my mouth but I hope that this will not turn into trouble.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Hi guys! I'm really happy that you are reading this! It means a lot to me :). Thank you so much for it.

If you want you can vote or leave a comment what do you think about it (you would make me really happy). I would love to read your opinions ;)

Love you xx