Chapter 9 - The truth

“Yeah. Sure. Of course you can go.” I said but still I was so shocked by this question.

“I meant that I would wait there for Jack. I’m sure he will be Lore’s company on her way home.” I think that he said this because he saw how surprised I was.

“Yeah, that’s great idea. So let’s go.”

While we were walking to our apartment we talked about so many different things but mostly about the fact that me and Lore are from Belgium and that we are here only for 2 months. He was really interested in this topic. To be honest it helped me to calm myself about the fact that he will be in our apartment.

“So here is it, our little apartment. We don’t have so much stuff here because it’s as you know only for 2 months.”

“It’s nice. For two months it’s ideal.” he said while looking around.

“Would you like to have some tea, coffee or just water?”

“I would like to have a cup of Earl Grey, if you have it.”

“Good morning. We would like to have cup of Earl Grey and …”

“One cappuccino and piece of this chocolate cake”

“Wait! What?”

“What’s wrong?” Finn asked me.

“I’m sorry I just thought that I already heard that somewhere.”

“Do you remember my order?”

“YOUR order?” I asked surprisingly.

“Yeah, two days ago I was in the café with my friend. And you served us.”

That was him?! I have no words for this feeling. Everything is making sense right now. Finn was there the first day which means that he was kind of flirting with me that day and the other day it was Jack. He had no idea that Finn was there the day before and he liked Lore from the beginning. It’s obvious that he had no interest in me. I have no idea why I didn’t think about this whole ‘twin’ situation before.

“That was you?”

“Why are you so surprised? I thought you know that.”

“I thought it was Jack not you.”

“Well, now you know the truth.”

“Yeah, now I know the beautiful truth.” I said with a big smile on my face.

“Are we going to watch the TV?” Finny asked me.

“Sure, you can turn it on I’ll just go get changed if you don’t mind it.”

“Of course I don’t mind it. Go ahead.”

“Great. Just choose a programme and I’ll be back in minute.”

Ok so now I have time to make myself look better. But I can’t just start doing my proper make up – first Finn will notice that I look different and second I don’t have enough time for it.

To be honest I think that I already made an ‘awesome’ impression (in ironic voice) so it’s pointless to try anymore. I should really get over it finally. But there is the ‘café thing’ now – it was my first day and I didn’t look that horrible as I do now. As I do now – yeah, if he has some interest in me he lost it today.

I guess that I will just put on comfy shorts and my favourite hoodie. Done!

Before I will go to see Finn watching TV, I’ll message Lore. After all I left her with a stranger walking around the London. OH GOD! What kind of friend am I?

Me: Is everything alright chummy?

Chummy: Yeah. Where are you?

Me: Already at home. Let me know when you will get home, too. Don’t rush! ;)

Chummy: Can’t believe that is almost 7pm. I guess we’ll grab some food and I’ll go home.

Me: Okay, see you later xx

Clothes changed, chummy is alright and now it’s time to see Finn again. But before that I have to eat something. I can feel that my stomach will start rumbling again soon.

Wait! What noise is this? Oh NO!

Skype call from my mum! Right now! Seriously?

I can’t talk to her right now. If she would find out that I already have a strange boy in my apartment she would go crazy. I would call her later and I would tell her that we were food shopping with Lore. Yeah! That’s how I will deal with that. I hate when I have to lie to my mum but this time I really have to. She would go crazy if she will find out about this.

When I entered the living room I could see Finn watching TV so I sneakily walked up to him.

“I’m sorry to disturb you but …”

“F*CK!” He screamed. “You scared the sh*t out of me!”

“I’m sorry” but I wasn’t. I wanted to scare him and I succeeded! I couldn’t hold it so I started laughing so hard.

“Are you laughing at me?”

“Of course! Your reaction was hilarious!”

“Well, this will be hilarious, too!” He said and then he threw a pillow at me.

“You want a fight? Then prepare yourself!” I grabbed two pillows – one went straight into Finn’s face and with the other one I began to hit him everywhere I could.

“You should prepare yourself instead!” I heard him saying.

“NO! You can’t tickle me! That’s against the rules!”

“What rules are you talking about?”

“Pillow fights rules!”

“That’s bullshit!” he said and continued with tickling me.

I was laughing, screaming, crying and trying to avoid his hands. But it seemed to be impossible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Hi guys :) so how do you like the story? I can't believe that the last chapter got almost 70 reads - it's so crazy. Thank you so much for your reads - they mean a lot to me :).

If you want to leave a comment or vote - go ahead! I will be so happy to read some of your thoughts :)!!!

Hope you are already excited for another chapter ;)

Have a great week! Love you all xxx

Distance Is Not A Barrier (Jack and Finn Harries fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें