Chapter 8 - Stupid or clever?

He was right. It was fun try to guess his name and to my surprise I guessed it right after almost 10 minutes. Finnegan is interesting name, I completely understand him that he wants to be called as Finn, that’s much better.

“And you said that you are not a good guesser. Now try to guess my middle name.”

“Are you kidding me?”

“No.” he said but he must be kidding. This is not normal.

“Finn it was fun before, I admit that, but I’ll not try to guess your middle name. That’s too much.”

“Okay, but what we are going to do? Seems like we can’t interrupt their conversation.” He said while pointing to Lore and Jack who were so far away from us. After our lunch we decided to go for a little walk to park near the restaurant.

“You are right. Seems like we can’t even interrupt their personal space. Why they are so far away from us? We are not that horrible, aren’t we?”

“Of course not. We are much better than them!” we both started laughing after Finn said this. I think that we’ll be at least good friends. Yeah, that sounds great!

Honestly that can sound great only for him. Not for me. I wish we could be something more but to make this happen I have to fall asleep and start dreaming.

“Look there is playground. Should we go there?”

“Yes! But what if we’ll break something? To be honest we are not kids anymore.”

“I guess we just have to be careful. C’mon, it’ll be fun.” He said and then he grabbed my hand and pull me to the playground.

I’m definitely going to fall, that’s for sure so I have to be ready to laugh at myself. Yeah, that’ll be really fun!

I would never say how hard could be climbing to the top of this children’s climbing wall. It’s pretty high for kids.

“And now we have to take a photo. I’ve never been so high before.” I said while I was trying to get my phone out of my pocket. I was about to take a picture when my hand made wrong move and I could see my phone falling down but thank God Finn caught it.

“I swear to God that my heart stopped beating for a sec. Thank you so much!”

“No worries. You are lucky that you are here with me.” He said and I don’t know if I’m just lying to myself but this sounded a little flirty to me.

“Yes, I’m really lucky. Could you give me back my phone, please?”

“I caught it, it’s my now” and he started climbing down the wall. Honestly I had no idea what to say.

I looked down and I had a panic attack. How I could forget that I’m afraid of heights? I’m so stupid!

“Are you going to stay up here forever?” Finn asked me. If it wouldn’t be so high I would be probably laughing at this but honestly I was really scared.

“Well, I have a problem.”

“I promise that I’ll give you your phone back when you’ll get down. Don’t worry.”

“That’s not the problem”

“Then what’s wrong?”

“I’m scared of heights and I have no idea how I’ll get down from this.”

“Are you kidding me, right?”

“Finn, I’m serious!”

“Okay, stay there I’ll go to you and try to help you.”

“Trust me, I’ll not go anywhere!” He started laughing, I admit that it could sound funny but I had no strength to laugh so I just made a little awkward smile.

He climbed to me very fast. I watched his every move and, hell, his muscles made my fear faded away a bit.

“Are you okay?” He asked me so nicely.

“Yeah, I’m not dying, I’m just scared.”

“Great! So we will climb down together. I’ll be underneath you so you’ll feel safe, okay?”

“Okay.” He was so sweet and carrying. I’ve never felt safer!

When we were both down I felt the relief coming through my body.

“Thank you Finn. But actually it was your fault so you had to safe me.”

“What?!”

“You took me to this playground!”

“But …”

“I’m joking” I said with laugh. “I really thank you!”

“You are welcome” he said with a wink. Oh God, this boy is so hot!

“So …” he was trying to break the awkward silent between us.

“Can you see Lore and Jack?” I interrupted him.

“No, I guess we are alone.”

“I’ll call her” I said but Finn stopped me to do it.

“Do you think that they really want your call right now?” He said with raised eyebrows. He was right. Maybe they are going to have their first kiss and I would ruin it. I can’t do that.

“Right, but what we are going to do?”

“I don’t know.”

“I would like to go home. Not that I’d not enjoy being with you but you know after all I want to just lay down on my couch and watch TV for a while. It was long day and I didn’t have time to rest a bit.”

“ I completely understand you. What if I’ll go with you?”

What?! I screamed in my own head. This hot guy wants to go to my apartment? Is he serious? Is this even reality?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Hi guys :). This is my favorite chapter so far and I hope you liked it too :). If yes you can vote for it or leave a comment what you think about it - you would make me extra happy!

From now I will update only once in a week so I hope you will get more excited for it :). I'm sorry but through week I'm really busy at this time, I hope you understand that.

Thank you for reading!

Love you all xxxxx