Chapter 12 - Perfect night

“Enjoy the movie! Bye.” I said while I was closing the door behind them.

Lore is out with Jack, I’m here alone so it’s perfect time to call my mum. She will be already freaking out. Hope she will be home close to her laptop so she will hear me calling.

“Hi mum”

“Finally! What was that important that you didn’t call me yesterday?”

Oh no … I didn’t want to call her to just listen how bad I am.

“What about some nice words like I missed you, how are you etc.? I’m sorry that I didn’t call you yesterday but …”

“I’m waiting!”

“We went food shopping with Lore and then we watched movies.” Please make her to believe in it! But it’s good excuse. She has to believe in it.

“Okay, but we made a deal that you will call me every fifth day. I don’t want too much from you.” She said with a puppy look. Yeah she is right; she doesn’t want a lot from me.

“I know. I’m sorry again. So how are you all doing?”

We were talking for a while when someone knocked on my door.

Who could it be? Maybe it’s Lore, maybe she forgets her keys, but how she could be knocking if she forgets her keys? Maybe someone let her in.

“Mum wait a minute, someone is knocking on my door, I have to go there.”

“Do you know who is it?”

“Really? Do you think that I can see through the door? I didn’t even get there.”

“Okay, I’m not saying anything anymore!”

I know that she didn’t mean it bad but this question was honestly stupid.

When I opened the door I couldn’t believe my eyes!

“Hi. Can I come in?”

I was speechless. I was just staring at him.

“Are you okay?”

“What are you doing here Finn?” Yeah, Finn Harries was standing right in front of me.

“I heard you are not feeling well so I have some chocolate and I thought we could watch some movie together.”

Is this even real? This is what I always wanted!

But what I will say to my mum? I have to think about something very good! But for now I should let him in.

“Come in. I have to tell my mum that you are here but I’ll introduce you as my friend who works in the café with me, okay?” I said waiting for his agreement.

“Okay.” 

“Mum, my friend who works in the café with me came around and he has some problems so he came to asked me for help. Would you mind if I will call you tomorrow?” I said, hoping she will understand it.

“How does he know where you live?”

“I guess I accidentally mentioned it.” My mum just worries about almost everything. Yeah sometimes it’s really hard to deal with everything but I still love her.

“Is he nice? How old is he?” She asked and I couldn’t believe how much she changed the topic. She was worrying about me and now she wants me to date him or what?

“MUM! He is behind my laptop and he can hear you!” It’s true that Finn can hear her but he probably doesn’t understand it because I’m talking to my mum in Dutch of course. But I was hoping that she will stop with her questions and she will just say goodbye to me.

“Really? So you can show me how he looks?”

I swear to God that I just wanted to shut the laptop and just don’t care about it anymore but that could have a bad consequences and that’s not what I want.

“I really have to go mum. Say hi to everyone and I love you all a lot!”

“Okay, okay I got it. Take care, sweetie! Love you too!”

“So …” I turned to face Finn.

“How are you feeling?” He asked me while he was coming closer to me.

“How do you know that I’m not feeling well?”

“Jack told me.”

Okay so Lore told Jack that I’m not feeling well and Jack shared it with his brother. That was faster than I thought.

“I’m good.”

“You can be honest with me, you know” he said and then he hugged me. It was the warmest hug! And so comfortable that I couldn’t even speak.

“Do you want to watch any movie?” he asked me and I just nodded.

As I said before it was ‘that’ part of the month and I could feel my tummy pains coming again. I just wanted to cover under my blanket and watch some movie. And the fact that Finn also brought chocolate that was just perfect!

“Have you seen ‘The Conjuring’? Finn asked me while I was looking for some blankets.

“I’ve never heard about it before. What is it about?”

“It’s a horror movie about…”

“What?” I said, but I heard every single word he said very well.

“You didn’t let me finish”

“You said it’s a horror movie” and that was all what I needed to hear.

“Yeah! You don’t like horror movies or what?”

“Well, I’m not such a big fan. But okay, if you want to watch it, it’s fine.” If I’ll be scared I’ll close my eyes and I will try to fall asleep, that’s my plan.

“Great! Hurry up. I already turned it on.” I heard him from living room. I will not go there till I’ll not find blanket – I need a blanket.

Here it is. “I’m coming!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

I still don't know what I should think about this chapter, but I hope you will like it. Let me know :)

Anyway I have to prepare you for not regularly updating because my college is CRAAAZY and it's really hard for me now. Hope you understand it.

Thank you for reading and I'll hopefully see you soon :)

Love you xxx