Angst

Outside the Dream (A Junjou Romantica Fanfiction)

Chapter Four: Angst

Enjoy!

__________________

Misaki's POV:

Oh my God...

Oh my God!

"Takahiro, I..." I had trouble speaking around the lump that suddenly made itself home in my throat.

My brother stood in the doorway, his rather large frame blocking out all the light coming in from the other room. "Misaki, what was that?" He asked after exhaling a shallow breath.

"I was joking, Takahiro," I stammered.

"Usami!" Takahiro yelled over his shoulder. It was the first time I'd heard him shout so loud, with such anger.

Usagi showed up almost immediately, "Takahiro, what is it?!"

"Tell him what you said, Misaki."

My mouth had become too dry for any coherent words to be heard. I stood up slowly, looking up at Takahiro.

"I...I said I loved Usagi," I said softly. I spoke low, not because I was ashamed of Usagi, that would never be the case, but because the face of utter confusion and unsurfaced rage twisting my brothers fast physically hurt me to see.

"Is there something you want to tell me, Akihiko?" Usagi peered over his shoulder at Usagi, his face stoic, if he were feeling any emotions, he was going to great lengths to hide them.

Usagi let out a sigh and took Takahiro shoulder in his hand, making him face him. "Takahiro, Misaki and I are lovers, we have been since he started going to college."

I held my breath, waiting for his response.

As my lungs began stinging with a lack of oxygen, I released the breath I held. He'd been quite for a few minutes until he finally said,

"I won't have it."

I blinked.

"What?" Usagi asked.

"I won't accept it. You two are not going to be together," Takahiro said simply, pacing toward me and taking my arm in his hand. He squeezed my elbow, a little too tightly, and brought me over to Usagi.

"I need you to leave, Usami. Right now," Takahiro demanded.

Usagi didn't decline, he offered me his hand, and as I reached for it, Takahiro slapped mine away. It stung only for a moment, but Usagi looked like I'd been shot. He threw Takahiro against the wall, pinning his neck there with his elbow.

"Don't you ever touch Misaki like that again, I don't care if you're his brother," Usagi hissed, narrowing his eyes.

"We do not care what you say, you can't control him, Misaki is a grown man and can be with whomever he pleases," Usagi stated, lowering his elbow and reaching for my arm. As his hand circled my elbow, his fingers recreated the spots Takahiro had hit, and I flinched a bit at the pain.

Usagi didn't notice, thank God.

But just as I was inches away from Usagi's safety, Takahiro grabbed the collar of my shirt and yanked me back. I gagged, and thrashed out of his grip, but didn't try to get to Usagi again.

Nii-chan smiled, a tight, humorless smile that made me ponder if this man was really my brother.

"He is all I have left, as I him, and that makes me responsible for him. If I act too protective, it is dismissed considering a case like this is unacceptable. Misaki is going to go back with you, pack his things, and leave first thing tomorrow morning. I will make sure this plan follows through. Do not think I won't, Usami." Takahiro finished, waving me over to go to Usagi.

Takahiro had his eyes and his eyebrows drawn low near his eyes, in a look that kept Usagi from arguing any further. He put his arm around my shoulder and guided me out the door.

This has to be a dream...

A wordless Manami looked at me with guilt-filled eyes as if she felt the remorse I'd expected Takahiro would be feeling. But there was none in his stoic eyes.

Mahiro was struggling against Takahiro's arms, tears forming in his large eyes.

But Usagi and I could only keep walking. We got to the car and without a single word, went home.

***

Usagi's POV:

I couldn't believe it, something was wrong, why would Takahiro act like that? In all the years I'd known him, admired him, loved him, I'd never seen him be so resilient, so unfeeling and empty of any remorse.

He scared Misaki so bad, that as we got on the train, he sat on the other side of the booth, beside me, head buried in my shoulder, dry heaves echoing from his lips, only to be dulled by my jacket. I wouldn't give him up, I couldn't.

As we got home, Misaki didn't take another step, he just stood in the doorway for a moment until finally sinking to his knees, eyes glistening.

"Misaki? Misaki!" I bounded over to him and fell to my knees myself, taking his small face in my hands. "Angel, please...you need to stay with me, say something," I whispered to him. His eyes looked into nothingness behind me, but tears still fell.

Misaki...

My Misaki...