Departed

A/N: This is going to be a short chapter, okay guys? I'm sorry, but I shouldn't have the next part for a while, so I wanted to get a chapter out before then. Thank you, bros!

Outside the Dream (A Junjou Romantica Fanfiction)

Chapter Five: Departed

Enjoy!!

_________________

Usagi's POV:

Misaki didn't say a word, he just stared blankly at nothing, unblinking. "Misaki," I didn't know what else to do, so I brushed my lips across his wet cheeks. His face was warm, a little too warm.

He'd stressed himself sick.

"Angel, you've got a fever...come on, I'll take you to bed, can I pick you up?" It wasn't like me to ask permission, but I felt like if I'd touched him, he'd break. He would shatter if I so much as grazed him. My angel was so fragile right now, so I had to be strong for him.

I saw Misaki do a hint of a nod, and that was enough for me. I curled my hands around the back of his knees and swept him up in my arms. I held him close to my chest as I stepped up the stairs, being carful not to rock him too much. I stole a few glances to him, and his face hadn't changed, he still wore this expression that broke my heart to see.

I wasn't surprised, and I was fairly concerned why the endeavor hadn't rendered me in a state worse than Misaki's. This affected me just as much as it affected him, sure, but it wasn't like he was actually going to do anything. 

He couldn't, certainly. 

I tugged the blankets up around his narrow frame, and his swollen green eyes flickered to me. "What are we going to do?" He asked me in a broken voice.

I knelt down beside him, brushing his hair away from his forehead and kissing the skin I'd exposed. "I don't know," I answered honestly.

The tears that had stopped falling for a few moments suddenly started once more. "I don't wanna leave, U-Usagi," he sobbed, lips quivering. God, I really did hate it when he cried, he didn't deserve to feel a single moment of sadness. He'd been through too much to deserve that.

So without a word, I wrapped my arms around him and held him tight. My hand rested on the back of his head, and I felt him sob into my shoulder.

"I'll never let you go, Misaki."

His sobs faltered for a moment, "Don't let me leave."

I felt my own eyes sting with an unfamiliar wetness, "Never," I repeated, my voice hoarse.

I pulled Misaki back for a moment, and placed a kiss on each of his eyelids, then one on the tip of his nose. His eyes opened, and he did something very surprising.

Misaki snaked his hands around the back of my neck and merely brushed his lips across my own.

"I love you," he stated easily, a shy smile pulling at his lips.

"I love you, too, Misaki. Always have. Always will," I chuckled softly, though nothing was funny about this.

I just wanted to laugh because he knew he was mine.

He knew as much as I did.