Runner

Outside the Dream (A Junjou Romantica Fanfiction)

Chapter Eleven: Runner

Enjoy!

_____________

Usagi's POV:

All I knew was that it was cold. It was damn cold. The thing was, that the weather was decent. The nights weren't deathly chill and the days were relatively warm.

It was my soul that was cold.

Reoccurring images of three days prior crept back every few minutes, sending ice into my blood, constructing an eternal cold heart.

It was painful; being inert. But after three days, in a way it was like being accustomed to it, but really was a different thing all together. Like an ache in the back of your head that never goes away, and your only option is to ignore its pressing existence.

"How could you? He's your little brother!"

"And you took him from me. So I simply returned the favor."

I shivered at the recollection.

I needed to see Misaki, I had to have way of knowing his condition. He could be dead...my precious Misaki...

The air around me became suddenly scarce when I thought of him, my angel. But I couldn't leave the safety of this alleyway, police would be looking for me, I couldn't show my face anywhere. What I'd done...Misaki would never forgive me. But I simply couldn't control myself, Takahiro had tried to kill Misaki. And all I wanted to do was rip his tongue out. That rage had consumed me, and I became an entirely different person.

All I did at first was punch him. That was all I did. But after a while, that wasn't good enough. I knelt down so both knees were on his forearms. I pressed my weight through them, and enjoyed the look of pain that twisted his face. I wanted to see more of it.

His legs kicked and stamped underneath me, but I didn't stop. I wrapped my hands around his throat, just as I'd done earlier, but this time it was different. A desire to see his agony-induced face was the only thing keeping me from snapping his neck like a Popsicle stick.

He'd turned blue before I tore my fingers away. Red marks were left in their place, slow forming welts around my fingerprints. He sucked in lungfuls of air, and the sight made me sick.

Takahiro was already battered and bloody, his nose bled and bent at an unusual angle, the flesh around his left eye had turned black blue, and his bottom lip split down the middle. But it still wasn't enough.

He tried to kill Misaki, I kept hearing in the back of my skull. Those words were on repeat.

"Usa-mi...please stop..." He begged softly, the sound of blood gurgling in his airway.

As a response to his plea, I slammed my fist down onto his face again. Crimson had splattered my hand. When I had pulled away after so many punches I'd lost count, he didn't look like Takahiro anymore. Good. I didn't want to see his face.

The fingers that had been digging into my thighs suddenly went limp in time with his head falling to the left. Life drained from his eyes as a single tear slipped down his bloodstained cheek.

It was then, and only then that I had realized the extent of my mistake. There were a few screams behind the railing high above my head that only now became apparent.

Had I just killed someone?

The memory ended there before it could wreak anymore havoc on my already battered sanity. I was down an alleyway not far from the beach, I had found it hard to run with my legs shaking wild. I took refuge here, there was a bonfire going on down the street, but I wouldn't dare be around the people who dwelled around it's seductive heat.

So there I sat, my clothes unchanged, my glasses broken, and my soul beyond repair. In my pursuit to get rightfully earned retribution, I'd dug myself in a hole deeper than I could get out of.

***

As the night had faded away and traffic had sprung back up, I found myself at my own doorstep. I couldn't bring myself to go inside.

The fear of police waiting for me in my own house had a rightful place in my brain, but a different one held dominance over the one prior. What if Misaki was there? What if he wasn't? Both were equally terrifying.

As I brought a shaky hand up to the doorknob, I heard the one word behind me that stalled my heart;

"Usagi?"

A/N: Hey bros, super-dooper sorry I haven't updated in a while. Supernatural happened. I'll be sure to get more chapters out shortly. Thanks for reading and anything related and I'll be back with another one, real soon.