why would i lie? - lance

summary: lance and the reader are playing basketball when things escalate and they admit their feelings for each other.

song: fool for you - snoh aalegra

READER'S POV

lance and i were heading out to play some afternoon basketball before the night fell. we'd have been friends and neighbors ever since i can even remember.

what he didn't know, was that i had the biggest crush on him. ever since we were 9. he never really noticed it, even though i've dropped many hints, but i guess boys really are that dumb.

i put on a black tank top and an open jean blouse to cover it. i added a blue bandana to my head as i thought it would be a nice touch. it was a warm but not a cold day, just the perfect weather. i put on my shoes and i grabbed my ball as i walked to the park.

lance was there waiting for me, "oi tess!" he said loudly with a smile. "sup loser." i smiled at him. he rolled his eyes, "shut it. let's just play." he said as he gently took the ball and started dribbling.

after a few minutes, we were tied with the points. "alright, last one to score wi-" i cut lance off by taking the ball from his hands and dribbling to the board, i jumped and threw the ball to the hoop.

"i guess i won." i shrugged with a sly smirk. "you cheater!" lance said as he tackled me softly to the ground. i started crawling towards the grass to get some dirt and throw at lance.

"no! tessa!" he said as he pulled me under him. he looked into my eyes and smiled, "what's wrong?" i asked him. "nothing, it's just you're so beautiful." he shook his head.

"you're such a liar." i scoffed. "i'm not lying! it's true!" he said. lance let out a sigh, "you know how many times i've laid in bed. wishing i had the courage to tell you that i like you, wishing you were mine?" he asked.

i nodded, "i do. because i've done that countless times." lance's eyes went wide. "oi you kids! get out of here!" someone yelled. i grabbed my ball and lance's hand and left.

"so, did you really mean that back there?" i asked and raised an eyebrow. he nodded, "of course. why would i lie?" lance asked. "well then, prove it. take me out on a date." i smiled. "alright then, how about this friday night? we'll go to the movies and get some food." he asked with a smirk.

"sure! see you tomorrow loser." i said as i ruffled his hair and left running.

a/n: yeah sooo, this was inspired by a dream i had with an episode of that 70's show. so remember that requests are always open! for a preference or imagine, whatever, just message me and i'll work on it!