CLOSE YOUR EYES - MERLIN

Summary: An AU where Merlin doesn't make it through the battle with Morgana and the reader has to take over.

A/N: this one goes out one of my homegirls claws- who helped me out with this idea! Also sorry it's a bit rushed!

Reader's POV

Merlin and I ran up and down trying to help out the kids and stuff like that. We stopped for a moment to catch our breath and he turned to me, "Take care, okay?" He asked, I nodded. He gave me one final kiss.

The wild wind blew through my (y/h/c) hair. I was using my telekinesis to hold Morgana down. I looked over at Merlin who had taken the form of an owl and flew over to Morgana.

Merlin flew around her until Morgana burnt her. "Merlin!" I yelled running over to him, Alex put the fire out and there he was, my poor Merlin on the floor, badly hurt.

"Merlin..." I whispered while placing my hands on his head. He coughed, "P-please. Finish her."

I nod, anger now filling my veins. I stood up and looked at Morgana. I started casting the spell that Merlin had taught me and soon, Morgana was being casted off somewhere else.

Merlin was on the verge of dying. "Close your eyes. You'll be fine." I said. He drifted off and I tried using a healing spell.

"I-it won't work." I stuttered repeating the spell. Merlin's breathing stopped. "No, no, no. Come on! Wake up! You're fine." I yelled. People gathered around me as the waterworks came out.

"I'm sorry. I'm so bloody sorry." I cried into his corpse.

After Morgana was defeated and the love of my life died. I took over as the sorceress of Camelot. I took Merlin's ashes to me and spread them around the lake where we wuld hang out.

"I'll miss you."