HURTS LIKE HELL - LANCE AND MERLIN

Summary: After the events of 'TKWWBK', the reader and Merlin start dating, which causes Lance to become jealous. Little did he know, the reader also had a crush on him, now, she's trapped in a love triangle.

Disclaimer: Lance and the reader are 18 in this imagine. Also lots of angst coming up so buckle up darlings.

SONG: HURTS LIKE HELL - FLEURIE

Reader's POV

Merlin and I scouted the forrest of Camelot, I ran trying to hide from him. The sun was setting and it was getting dark, so of course, I couldn't see the tree branch that made me trip.

I winced in pain and slowly rolled up my pants up to my knees, I could see a bruise starting to form and some small scratches.

"Arya?" Merlin called out. I unrolled my trousers and stood up. "Here!" I yelled back. I spotted Merlin running from a distance, "What happened? Are you alright? I heard a noise." He said softly placing his hands on my cheeks and neck.

"Yeah, just fell, that's all." I shrugged. "Are you alright? Where did you get hurt?" He asked as he inspected my body. "My knee, i'm fine though." I said as I showed him my wound.

Merlin picked me up bridal style and I softly yelped. "Merlin, put me down! I can walk myself!" I said as I struggled. "Nonsense! You've been hurt darling!" He said as he stopped and looked at me.

I blushed, "It's fine. I can walk. Just a little slow." Merlin sighed, "Okay, let's see then!" He said putting me down. I started walking slowly but then almost fell again, "Yeah, I think I might need some help." I chuckled.

Merlin picked me up once again and carried me back to the castle. Recently, i've started developing feelings for Merlin. I don't know, maybe it has to do with his beautiful curls, his eyes, the way he cares about me, and his charm. My other crush, who i'm still trying to get over, never really noticed the signs I was sending. Never noticed the flirting, the body language, nothing. But Merlin did.

Merlin laid me down on the bed, "I'll be back, don't go anywhere." He ran off. I shrugged, "Where would I go?" I said to myself quietly. Merlin had left the door open, I watched as knights and helpers walked from left to right, right to left.

Then I spotted four familiar figures, one which was my younger brother, Alexander, and another one which was the man I loved, or should I say still do. They took a quick glance at me before they continued walking but stopped. They all ran into the room, "Arya!" Alexander yelled as he jumped on top of me.

I softly wheezed feeling the heavy weight on me, "Hey little brother." I chuckled. He hugged me, then Bedders, then Kaye, by the time I got to Lance, it was way too awkward. "Hey." He simply said.

I just gave him a small nod, "What are you guys doing here?" I asked. They all looked at each other, "Well, Merlin invited us to visit Camelot! Since Alex will be ruling his land, he thought it would be great for him to get to know it!" Bedders excitedly said. I nodded, "Coolio."

Merlin came back examining something in his bag, "So I got most supplies and-" He looked up, "Hey guys!" He smiled brightly as he hugged them. "Hi Merlin!" They all said hugging him back, except for Lance who just stared at me.

Merlin patched me up and we talked for the guys a little bit. "Hey guys, could you give me a moment with Arya alone?" He asked looking at the rest of them. "Sure." They all nod looking confused.

"What's wrong Merlin?" I asked sitting up a little. "I just- I-I really like you Arya! More than a friend, I would love if you could give me the chance to become your significant other." He said as he held my hand. Wow, I don't know what to say. What about Lance? Am I over him? Maybe this is my chance to get over him.

"You know what Merlin, i'd love to be able to give you the chance." I smiled, he smiled too and soon we were both blushing madly at each other. "Okay then, how about dinner tonight? My room?" He asked. I nod biting my lip, I lean in and kiss his cheek, when I look at him, this boy looked like a tomato, not kidding.

A few hours later, I changed into a dark blue dress, but still wearing my boots underneath. I walked, well limped around the castle going to Merlin's room. Weirdly, he wasn't there.

I limped some more around the castle trying to find Merlin until I bumped into Lance. "I'm so sorry!" I said quickly, he looked up at me and I could just feel the sadness in his eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked placing my hands around his arms. "It's just- I. It doesn't matter anymore." He said. "If it's making you sad, it matters." I softly said to him.

"It's just. I feel angered and sad, I just lost the chance to be with this amazing girl." He said looking down. There was a knot in my stomach at this point, "Who is this girl?" I asked.

"It's you... It's always been you Arya. I always ignored you, the way you bit your lips and anxiously tapped your foot when I was around. The way you looked at me with this shine in your eyes. I'm sorry, I was a dick in never making a move on you." Lance's eyes started to water.

I was speechless, all I did was hug him. "I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry." He whispered into my ear. We pulled away and he looked down at me, then at my lips.

In that moment, he crashed his lips onto mines. I kissed him back until I pushed him away. "I'm sorry- I have to be somewhere." I said.

As I turned around to limp, Merlin was behind me, his mouth wide open and his eyes about to water too. "Ah shit." I whispered to myself.