ii.

「 II 」 TWO

II TWO.

not a lot of things rattled her the way Morrison did.

living in the situation she lived in had taught her far too many things most kids didn't learn until after graduating college.

so it was almost confusing to her how much Morrison's lips on her tore her apart.

but there they were, and he had barely bothered to close the door behind them—she'd had to push it the rest of the way—before his lips found hers, and he was kissing her with so much pressure, so much intensity that she was sure her lips were bright bright red in the dim light of the guest bedroom.

and sure, he was drunk and so was she, and he felt so much more passionately when he was drunk so it meant just a little bit less,

but her heart was still beating so loud she was sure he could hear it over the gasps and whispers and all the sounds that came with the b l i s s of his full attention.

she had been doomed right from the start.

but this.

she had never felt anything so bright red in her life.

and he was so good to her; even with svedka coursing through him, his fingers moved in slow, graceful movements around her hips, her neck, anything he could hold on to, contradicting the pressure r a d i a t i n g from his mouth.

he wanted her; of course he wanted her.

but he must've known from experience that he was in the wrong frame of mind, because he mumbled, "want you but we've had too much," and laughed against her lips.

she laughed too. everything was funny, after all.

well, everything except whatever the hell was going on within her soul, like she couldn't stop him from

demolishing

any wall she'd put up to protect herself. no, he was simply

too devastating

to escape from, and so she wanted to stay right where she was, dissolving into his touch, parting her lips to allow him in, and gosh, there was nothing better than this, and—

she broke away when she heard a familiar ringtone.

she had never changed it. could never bring herself to.

had never blocked his number. never bothered to tie up

all. those. loose. ends.

and so he had gotten through to her. of course he had. only took him four months and a few days.

her caller id lit up. Archer, it screamed to her mind.

she let her weak legs carry her down the hall to the trash bin, and she retched, all the svedka that had once loosened her up making its ungraceful return.

Archer. Archer. Archer. okay.

 okay