iii.

「 II 」 THREE

II THREE.

she'd missed his call.

she was too busy emptying all her contents into Tyler's poor trash bin to even think about pressing "talk".

talk. talk. do you really want to talk to me, still?

the sound of soft footsteps caught her attention, and she turned to see Morrison walking briskly towards her, constantly trying to keep the vodka from knocking him over.

oh yeah. Morrison.

he was so pretty, even when he was damn near incapacitated.

he didn't get too close to her. didn't rub her back or whisper soothing words in her ear, reminding her that he didn't mind the smell and thought she was beautiful anyway.

of course, he had never been the sappiest guy.

instead, he ran his fingers through his soft curls in a way that, in itself, calmed her heart just a little, but it was still

p o u n d i n g.

so much for being pleasantly drunk.

she couldn't tell if she had sobered up or was just more miserable. probably the latter.

"what happened, Presley?" the curly-haired wonder asked her.

her next words had quite a bit of venom in them, and despite how slurred her speech was, they rang crystal clear.

"it's Marguerite."

his eyes widened just a little. she pushed past him, yelling, "where's the damn bath?" too many times for it to make sense anymore before she found it,

closed the door behind her

stripped down

and willed herself to stand in the shower until her mind started to clear.

the water got colder and colder.

she stood until she could think, at least a little bit straight.

her mind slowly went from

Archer. Archer. Archer.

to

what the hell could you possibly want from me?

just when she had thought she could free herself from his

rosy pink cherry blossom confines

there he was, hitting her full force with the simple appearance of his name.

it could've been a wrong number.

but it wasn't. and she knew that for absolute sure.

because as much as she wished she didn't,

she knew who Archer was.