ix.

「 II 」 NINE

II NINE.

he should've been more upset than he was.

her mistake for assuming he

cared.

but he'd shrugged it off, even though she was t r e m b l i n g as she informed him of where she'd been.

it might have been innocent, but if it was really so harmless, would she have lied about it chronically?

did he not think of that?

well.

regardless, they went to a party that night. at Tyler's. she had missed Tyler, in some strange way.

missed the memories associated with him, perhaps.

while many others got a headstart on their vodka shots, the dim lighting of the kitchen protecting them, Morrison sat down with Tyler on the floor of the living room, and the two of them messed around on Tyler's acoustic guitars. Marguerite sat on a nearby couch, admiring the ethereal glow around their heads. a stray curl fell in front of Morrison's face. it didn't bother him.

did anything bother him?

how could someone be so

perpetually

calm?

Tyler let a few vocals slip from his sober mouth. Morrison played the rhythm while Tyler continued singing and strumming the backing chords simply. and they were two perfect boys, and this was the one thing Morrison was more hooked on than jack daniels.

it was utterly enchanting.

just him and him and two guitars.

a girl with long blonde hair, a thousand times prettier than Marguerite had ever been, grabbed Marguerite's shoulder from behind to steady herself, her body completely overtaken by whatever substances were coursing through it, and Marguerite wondered how someone so beautiful could wreck herself this way when there were such lovely drugs sitting on the floor. nevertheless, the girl with the perfectly blonde hair stumbled on, unaware of the scene playing out beside her. maybe she was used to it.

but how could you ever get used to a thing like this?

Tyler stopped singing to laugh pleasantly, and he wasn't high like he had been at Ryan's house show, and the pure energy of the music they were creating was floating through the air in a manner so much more alluring than any kind of smoke.

she never interfered. maybe it was because she was s c a r e d he would finally explode about Archer.

Morrison? explode because of her? as if.

maybe it was because she didn't want to spoil their good time by making her presence too noticeable. they're content because they're over there and i'm here.

but i'll be damned if i can stay away from such a vision much longer.