•𝑒𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉•

"I knew you liked him!" Adam and I were at our favorite pizza place, sharing a large pepperoni pizza. Adam laughed as I looked at him glaringly.
"Okay, yes, I like him. But I don't know the first thing about dating and I'm pretty sure he likes someone else so I'm not even gonna try." I picked at the piece of pizza on my plate, my smile turning into a frown.
"You'll never know if you don't find out." He took a bite. "Anyway, you're probably ten times cooler than she is."
"Yeah, I have to disagree with that one. One, she's a senior. Two, she's president of the student council and academic decathlon. Three, she's the smartest girl in the school."
"Yes but can she take three pieces of garbage and turn it into a speaker? No, so don't even try." I smiled a bit at Adam's consoling words. "But if you won't ask him I'll invite him over myself and make you tell him."
"Nonononono!" I snapped my head up and laughed. We paid for the pizza and left, taking a shortcut down the alleyway that led to Adam's apartment. I kept turning my head, feeling like we were being followed.

I felt someone grab my arm and turned, immediately being slammed into the hard brick wall. My head hit, bouncing off the hard material. My vision cleared as I watched the figure beat on Adam, Adam's arm up in a defensive position. I opened my mouth, feeling like all of this was a bad idea.
"Get away from him!" The figure turned, his face masked by a black ski mask.
"Why don't you just shut up and-" As the man walked towards me I held my hands up on defense, blue sparks of electricity shooting from my palms. The man fell to the ground, unconscious and breathing heavy. I ran over to Adam, but I was too late. He was already gone.

I woke up crying, my face wet from the tracks my salty tears had left on my skin. I gripped my hair, squeezing my eyes tighter so my eyes would stop watering. I just laid in bed staring at the ceiling for about half an hour, my brain feeling blank and numb. My alarm went off, making me pick it up and throw it across the room. I groaned.
Now I have to fix that later.
I trudged out of bed and to my closet, grabbing my clothes and going to take a shower. I scrubbed my hair and body, letting the water run down me as I tried to release any memory of my dream. I stepped out and blow dried my hair, my face looking a mess. I left my hair to fall naturally, not really caring about my appearance on a day when I was as tired as I was today. I trudged down to the kitchen, my bag dragging behind me.

"You alright sweetie?" My mom set down a plate of waffles in front of me.
"Yeah, I just had another nightmare."
"Maybe you should go see the-"
"Mike, she's not going to see a therapist. Thats final." I looked up, surprised. My mom was giving my dad the "don't test me" look. My mom had never been like that with my dad, especially after Adam died. My dad seemed to back down and I let out a small smile. I picked up the waffle and took a bite before taking it with me out the door.
"I'm gonna head off. See yah later mom. Bye dad." I opened the door and walked my way down to the subway station, almost falling asleep on the subway ride. I met up with Peter outside the comic book store.

"Hey Pete." My voice was tired, I could hear it. Peter looked at me, concerned.
"You alright? You look really tired."
"Yeah, I'm fine. I just...didn't get much sleep last night."
"Oh." We walked in a comfortable silence for a while.
"Hey, Pete, are you busy after school today?" I gripped the sides of my backpack tightly.
"Uh, Yeah. I have the Stark Internship. Why?" My face dropped.
"I just, uh, wanted to see if you could come over to study tonight. It's not a big deal." I looked down at the ground.
No, the real reason was because you wanted to spend time with the guy you like.
"Sorry. Maybe tomorrow or something?" Peter looked at me with guilt filled eyes.
"Yeah. Yeah maybe tomorrow." I walked through the doors, my head down and facing the ground. I turned to Peter. "I'll see you in first hour."
"See yah." I turned and walked towards my locker, quietly slamming my head against it.
Stop having feelings yah dummy.