•2•

Please let me know if you spot any errors... punctuation, spelling, grammar, anything at all...

I jumped awake from my brief nap when the piercing sound of the bell signalling lunch time roughly violated my eardrums.

  Groggily, I got up and picked up my stuff before leaving out the exit like everyone else. I reached my locker and put my stuff in before grabbing my wallet.

   The moment I shut my locker, I felt a presence behind me. I instinctively turned, finding Aleister who looked quite shook.

  His pale face was a deep crimson shade, his lips trembled lightly and his eyes were rapidly moving about while fidgeting fingers played nervously at his sides.

"What's up with you?" I asked, shoving my wallet in my pants pocket.

"Some mean boys were looking at me weirdly" he whined in response, his hands now reaching up to slightly hug his trembling form.

"Well, and?" I said impassively.

"What do you mean well and, if not for a teacher I'm afraid they would've done something bad to me" he said, his lips pouting slightly.

"Okay fine, what kind of weird are we talking about here, aggressive?" I asked.

"They were laughing and chattering amongst themselves while staring and pointing, some of them were calling names like twink and fag and I don't even know what those words mean" he confessed, my eyes rolled nonchalantly.

"Sounds like bullies, can you really blame them, though?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest and quirking a brow at his clothes.

"What?" He whispered shakily, his arms unwrapping from his pale and smallish form.

"You were basically begging for it with that short skirt of yours and the garter belt, please" I sighed, shaking my head and he just looked away shyly.

"So it's my clothes that are the problem" he muttered, staring down at his outfit.

"No shit Sherlock" I deadpanned.

"I'm s-sorry, I'll dress decent tomorrow, I promise" he choked and I nodded approvingly.

"Now, I'll take you to the Cafeteria" I said and he nodded with a slight okay.

.......

  After we both got our food, I couldn't help but notice the stares we got, correction, the stares Aleister got. From the nerds to the swim team, to the football players and other random groups, a whole lot of eyes were on him.

"You better dress decent tomorrow" I whispered to him and he nodded.

  I then departed from him, walking over to my usual table, my best friend Luther was already waving at me as I inched closer.

  Luther, the jet black haired kid has been with me since my mom's death. Although I only saw him as a classmate at the time she left, we developed a bond over an incident in the school bathroom I don't like talking about.

  I don't think I'd still be alive if not for this kid. He's all I have left. He's been with me through my depression, my self harming and even my smoking regardless of the fact that he has a low tolerance to the fumes.

  Eventually arriving at the table, I sat down, propping my tray of food on the table. We greeted each other accordingly while engaging in light conversations.

  Suddenly, I found him staring at something over my shoulder. I inquired but he just nudged his head towards something behind me. I turned and found Aleister still awkwardly looking for somewhere to sit.