•32•

Please let me know if you spot any errors....and read the author's note at the bottom .. thanks

Flashback in italics

LUTHER

"What are you-oh shit!" I bolted towards the half open stall, my eyes widening at the dreadful sight before me.

   It was Ryder. He was hunched over the open toilet bowl. His weakened body vibrated as he disgustingly spilled out his guts.

  I didn't know what to do or who to call. All I could do was rush out to get him a bottle of water from my locker which luckily wasn't far.

  As I got back, I found him clawing desperately on his shins which he exposed by folding up his jeans.

"Ryder" I gasped out and he stopped, his head shooting up at me.

  He was pale, very pale, his hair was wet and messier than usual, his pupils were ever moving as he stared up at me in mortification.

"Rinse your mouth out" I reached my hand out, giving him the bottle. His lips parted slightly as his droopy eyes fell, settling delicately on the plastic bottle.

"Please" I begged, feeling my own eyes begin to sting.

  He took the bottle weakly, raising up the mouth part to his trembling lips. He leaned back against the wall as he gulped down the liquid, spitting out accordingly into the toilet. Afterwards, he gulped down as though he hadn't had a single thing to drink in weeks.

"Thank you" he croaked, handing me the empty container.

"Ryder" I whispered out weakly, tossing aside the bottle and getting down on the floor next to him.

"Lu..." I cut him off, taking him in a hug. He needed it.

  Without a second thought, he wrapped his arms around me. His huge arms engulfed my smaller form easily. I wasn't a small person, he was just bigger. We spent seconds in that position but he abruptly pulled away.

"Luther please..."  I cut him off.

  I clutched my eyes shut, allowing the pained memories to fade. I could still make out the emptiness in his dull hazel pupils, the way his hair swayed atop his head, the sadness ozzing off his walking dead body. How his eyes pried and clawed at my soul, seeking refuge, shelter, a friend.

  Amongst the little crowd, I managed to find him and was not surprised to see Jason hanging around. They were in a conversation right by the lockers.  I grunted, approaching them with nothing but anger and determination clouding my brain.

"Hey Aleister, a word" whatever they were talking about just had to be interrupted.

"Can you not fucking see we're..." Jason tried to argue but as Aleister placed his palm on his chest, he instantly went mute.

"I got this" he whispered to a fuming Jason before looking up at me.

"In private" I said, internally trying to suppress the urge to just rip him away from Jason and drag him away.

"Okay" he whispered, leading the way, heading for an empty classroom.

   I didn't fail to notice the small growl of disapproval that escaped Jason's lips as we walked further way from him.

  We finally reached an empty class and we let ourselves in.

"Aleister, do you like Ryder or do you like Jason?" I asked lowly and his body immediately stiffened at my question.