𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 2

The loud streets of the Yunoaiu district flooded your ears. It was late morning, and you had decided to skip out on breakfast not to waste any of the money Kai had generously given to you. The bed you had slept in last night was extraordinarily luxurious but at a whopping price of 2 coins for just two nights. You had tried your very best to negotiate with the woman at the desk for a lower price, but she insisted that they had the most economical prices compared to any other hotel that was nearby the palace.

You had eventually given in and paid the requested fund much to your dismay, and it still lingered on through to the morning despite the expensive and high-class room relaxing your nerves immensely. Presently, you were walking uphill towards the large palace which rested at the very top of the hill. Thankfully, the mountain was not that steep, causing the journey to the castle to be a little less complicated and a lot more bearable.

Your feet hit the stone ground, the large case held in your arms as you slowly made your way towards the palace. The city was bustling with people hurrying to do daily chores or going to their workplaces. Everybody who walked past you wore clothes made of the most expensive-looking fabric, carefully woven to perfection. Anything less than perfect was considered foreign and unacceptable in the Yunoaiu district.

If the Yunoaiu district was like this, the very place where the young Emperor had grown up, you could barely imagine how snobby the Emperor may be. However, you shook the thought out of your head, deciding not to already set impressions on the Emperor without even having met him yet, as though you would meet him any time soon anyway. Large and immensely appealing trees lined the pavements, around five meters apart each. They provided shade from the sun rays which beat down upon the wealthy district, yet the Yunoaiu people still carried around parasols of different colour and shape.

As you got closer and closer to the palace, your surroundings got increasingly grander in size, the amount of gold and painite¹ and other expensive trades from all around the world also becoming more frequent in your line of sight. You could hear the people who walked past you either whispering at how disgusting and low-class you looked. You could see the occasional glare of disgust from some passers-by.

'Do I honestly look that bad?' You contemplated, pursing your lips in embarrassment now that you had considered their rude remarks. Thankfully, you had finally arrived at the bridge which went over a vast canyon dropping down into an endless void of smoke and intimidation.

Fortunately, high walls surrounded the edges of the canyon, and there were reasonably high, thick glass barriers on either side of the full bridge. Your [E/C] eyes wandered to the opposite end of the elegant bridge, catching yet another set of high walls which were the colour of blood red, with golden detailing shimmering in the sunlight.

You stepped onto the bridge, not bothering even to stop and look over the edge due to admittedly having a small fear of heights. There was a children's story created for the very purpose of making people scared of heights. It became so popular over the years that a saying soon arose, warning people not to stare too long down from a high area or else they may start hearing the 'call of the void'.

The density of people seemed to decrease, and now there was only the occasional wagon or incredibly beautiful carriage going up and down the bridge's road. Remarking each carriage, you were reminded of the conversation you had had with the chauffeur. The one about the grandmother of the Emperor demanding him to look for a bride.

You concluded that noble ladies or even princesses from all complex sorts of places were riding in those passing hansoms. Heat rose from your cheeks, and you began thinking of how they may be laughing at you or glaring with repugnance inside their carriages. That terrible thought now in mind, your feet hit against the floor at a much quicker tempo, desperate to get away from the well-to-do's gleaming eyes.