𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 27

Thank you to @fabheichou on wattpad for this week's fan art! I think it looks beautiful and I love the shading, textures and colours that you've chosen!

  The Emperor left through the back entrance of the palace in order to make his leave sleek and unnoticeable. However, disruptions in the grass and mud caught his eye. There was a trail of a wagon and pieces of straw scattered around the place. Upon closer inspection, Takahiro could quickly identify that the cart was one from the countryside, especially since straw or hay had no place in the high-class district of Yunoaiu.

  Standing up straight, he looked at the trail of the wagon and decided that perhaps this could be his best lead. The trail was fairly fresh, suggesting that the wagon had only passed by there not too long ago. Whoever was on that wagon could have seen [Name] or could even be the person who had taken her away.

  He took in a deep breath and looked to his left side. He was used to you always being on his left arm, so much so that he felt incredibly uneasy without you by his side. He caught sight of the wedding ring on his left hand and immediately averted his eyes. It pained him too much to even look at the simple and modest band of gold. Shaking his head and not letting his emotions muddle with his plan, he quickly began hiking in the direction of the trails.

  In the meanwhile, the Sun was beginning to rise fairly early in the region that you were in. You were left alone in the cottage while Octavi and Vernon went out fetching essentials like food and water before going to the pub. After all, they went to the pub every several days or even more than that; a sudden disappearance could arise suspicions from the locals.

  You sighed, locked in a smaller bedroom that they had given you. Well, it could barely pass as a bedroom. The stone walls had moss and cracks, there was a leak in the ceiling, and the bed was just a stack of hay with some tattered rags scattered upon it. You found that the dirtied window seat was much more comfortable than the bed itself. There was one singular window that had been locked using three different types of locks. You could have broken the glass, but it would be no use as the window was so slim and tall. You wouldn't even be able to fit through.

  You peered out the window, a small and tiresome sigh escaping your lips. This was too much for you. Thankfully, Octavi had locked you up in this room before Vernon could assault you once again. He was such a violent man, hiding this aggressiveness behind a listless facade. You knocked on the window, hoping you could catch somebody's attention. However, you halted this action, knowing that if somebody had come to help you, they would just be pulled into all this trouble.

  Your thin and dirt riddled nightgown was not enough to shield you from the cold of the night and dawn. You sat longingly at the window, desperate for the Sun to come up, rather sooner than later.

  You heard the main door unlock and slam close behind two pairs of footsteps, indicating that the duo of snakes was finally back. You sat there, attention now pinned to the door and ears listening out for any sort of chatter.