𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 24

for you to listen to when the maid is playing her instrument

Thank you to @madabusa on ig or seoulize on Quotev for this amazing fan art of Takahiro!

"We are to be married tomorrow, dear [Name]. I am simply overjoyed. Finally, you will be bound to me; forever, and by the gods themselves. This is the last evening I will see you before you walk down the aisle. I will miss you terribly each minute we are apart, but my emotional pain will be worth it if it means I get to marry you the next day." The Emperor susurrated into your ear. He approached your frame from behind and wrapped his strong arms around your own, trapping you into his embrace.

"Indeed.. yet I must admit to you Takahiro, I feel like I don't know you at all sometimes. I feel like we are close yet distant at the same time. My feelings have been in a fix due to these uncertainties." You spoke cautiously in a soft tone, hoping not to pierce the Emperor's heart with your words.

He looked down upon the top of your head. It was illuminated by the orange light of the sunset flooding into the bedroom you now shared with the Emperor. Deep in thought, he finally spoke up.

"Are you sure you want to learn more about my past?" The Emperor purrs into your ear. You could hear uncertainty in his voice for the first time in forever. It felt like Takahiro was finally about to open up to you. So, you took in a deep breath and prepared yourself.

"I do want to learn more about your past. I will also let you know about my own if you'd like." You offered to Takahiro, wanting him to be as comfortable as possible when sharing the new information with you.

"I already know about your past. I had an investigation done on you when you first joined the palace. Either way, I'll still tell you. My past is long and winding, yet I'll try and put it in short for you to understand. After all, there is just so much you can learn about me in our limited amount of time. After the sun sets, you will have to go and sleep in the bridal chambers. Is it alright for you to hear the shortened part of my life?" The Emperor was surprisingly not visibly upset at all from your words and instead held you closer to him.

Your eyes wandered outside to meet with the glowing sun, which was just beginning to set in the faraway distance. As the sky was becoming a warmer colour, you nodded your head and looked up at the Emperor.

"Yes, please," You urged him on. You knew for a fact that his past would be exciting and perhaps finally, you could learn how to understand the Emperor's dynamic personality.

"If I am to tell the story of my life, I shall start from the very beginning then, yes? Well. My father was the Emperor of Intuuin not too long ago. He ruled with generosity and kindness, but his downfall was the fact he was not brave enough to resort to violence. He needed a strong ally at this difficult time for Intuuin when we were one of the smallest nations in the world and shrinking each day. So, he married my mother, who was from the foreign land of Ceruth. Unlike my father, my mother was deeply invested in war tactics and the military, but she was also a large fan of music. She is the one who prevented Intuuin from being completely crushed by foreign powers. However, she sometimes spent more of her free time with her instruments than with me. As you have seen, she has made a few hit records in her time." He began his explanation by revealing his parents' background, wanting to give you some understanding and context before he got to the part of his own life.