𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 13

You were currently working on some embroidery, a pleased smile on your lips. You had such a great day with the Emperor: you'd both danced until the parade's end. Sighing contentedly, you looked out a nearby window, towards the dazzlingly star-filled night sky. Perhaps you could ask the knight to escort you out of the palace once more. It'd be an excellent opportunity to familiarise yourself with the town further, and maybe get something from the festival - if the shutdown were to end anytime soon. Despite all of your high hopes, you knew it wouldn't. The Emperor had been ever-so-cautious since Octavi's shooting, and it seemed like he needed a break from everything for once.

     Once you thought about it, you hadn't been able to spend much time with the knight lately. Where did he run off during these long nights and days?

     "Lady Fuyomui?" A familiar voice called out from the other side of your door. Your head turned towards the door, slightly confused: not expecting anybody to come to your private quarters this late into the night. You had just spent the whole day with the Emperor and decided to do some preparation for future textile projects that he may require from you. Placing down your needlework, you got up from your bed and walked over to the door. Your room flooded with warm light as you gently cracked the door open, revealing none other than the young maid whom you'd previously bumped into. Her frame blocked the view as she looked at you with an obscure intent in her eyes. The aura surrounding her made you feel somewhat uncomfortable, but you couldn't quite put your finger on as to why.

     "Yes, what is it?" You asked the maid, a cordial, welcoming smile gracing your lips. You were unsure whether or not she was the one to be wary of, as the maids weren't usually the ones to prepare the tea. She comforted you, though, and had always seemed like quite a genteel young woman. Could it indeed be possible that she bore ill intentions?

     "I bring a flower arrangement from the emperor." She announced, urging you to step to the side and hold the door open as her small figure carried a vase inside the room, extravagant flowers sprouting from its top. It was the one the Emperor had prepared while you both had been doing some flower arranging. The maid places it down onto your coffee table and releases a deep breath from how heavy it must have been, judging from the mass of flowers exploding from the mouth of the vase. To your surprise, there was a small note attached to the urn by a red ribbon, which you'd almost overlooked.

     You let go of the door and made your way over to the coffee table to inspect the note further. Upon it was a simple message: 'to my little tailor x', written in black ink and awe-inspiring handwriting. You suspected that none other than the Emperor had provided you with the flower arrangement (for he had made it himself), and so the note was from him as well. You were somewhat taken aback by the romantic gesture, unsure how to respond to such a bold move from the Emperor. Did he send this to you as thanks; to show gratitude? Or mayhaps existed some other secreted reason?

     Before you could think any further about the matter, you were interrupted by the maid clearing her throat. You turned around, and the pale woman adjusted her glasses, causing them to glint in the moonlight.

     "The Emperor wishes to talk with you about an upcoming project for a recently-planned event. Please follow me." She stated emotionlessly, despite the moderately strained smile on her face, and frightening eyes that seemed to pierce into your [S/C] skin painfully.

     She proceeded outside of your room without waiting for an answer, expecting you to follow behind her obediently. You became nervous, however, not as apprehensive as you had initially been at the beginning of the day around the Emperor. You felt yourself slightly more at ease around the monarch, and so, you soon found your feet trailing behind those of the maid. The palace was empty since it was quite late into the night, nearly edging into the morning. Not many matters were to be dealt with this late as the Emperor insisted on the palace staff getting some well-deserved sleep. You understood that they had great respect for the Emperor, who treated them in such a sweet and humane way, notwithstanding the high contrast in class and power.