𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 7

Restrains. Chains and locks on her wrists, ankles and neck. Or at least, that was what he could see. The chains of insanity held her down from living a happy life. The things she had to go through had dragged her down to the deepest dungeon of the mind - insanity. Octavi's concerned purple eyes scanned over his sister's body as she walked over to Octavi, her thin figure wobbling side to side unsteadily. Famine was obvious in her cheeks and her skin was an unhealthily pale colour.

  She walked to the glass barrier between them and placed her shaky, boney fingers onto the glass, as if reaching out to him for help. Help to free her once again, like the beautiful mockingbirds that rejoiced in the morning sun back at the palace.

  "O-Oliver..?" His big sister whispers under her breath, hitting a hard blow to somewhere deep in Octavi. She could barely even remember his name anymore and it seemed that her condition was only getting worse. However, perhaps it was best for her in the asylum. After all, one of the emperor's old enemies had attacked their home village and had tortured Octavi's sister to the point she was pushed over the cliff of happiness. Octavi had tried to find her therapists, some of the best in the country. However, it was to no avail. His sister was never going to get better, and it was all because of the enemy.

  Working with the emperor would help him to get vengeance for his sister and perhaps, maybe he could lift a little bit of weight off his and her shoulders.

  "My name is Octavi, dear sister." Octavi says in his emotionless and heartless tone that he always seemed to use before you got to know him. However, Octavi's lip quivered solemnly at the scene in front of him.

  In the meanwhile, the restrains of endless work seemed to corrupt your mind. You were nearly finished with the outfits the emperor had requested and were just adding some final touches. Once again, the same record made by 'BLANC' was playing in the background, letting her beautiful voice sink into your ears and help make it feel like you had some company while Octavi was away.

  As you were just about finished with the outfit on the stage, you gazed at the golden and red masterpiece in front of you. So much effort had gone into it and it really turned out to pay off. However, as you gazed at the outfit, you felt as though you were forgetting something. Then it suddenly seemed to pop in your head, you had forgotten the translucent fabric for the emperor to wear around his arms like an elegant scarf. It was a simple thing to make but was very popular with those of high class. If you made the long and translucent scarf, if would surely earn you more respect in the fashion industry and the emperor would be seen as slightly more trendy than traditional.

  Agreeing with yourself, you decide to hastily run to the storage closet. You slide the door open and closed behind you before hurrying down the hallway, nearly bumping into a maid or two along the way, to which they responded with quite an attitude to. Once you approached the oh-so familiar wooden door with the golden letters, 'Storage Closet' painted on, you grabbed onto the door knob and pulled the door open. Inside the storage closet it was fairly dark, however light that bled into the room from the brightly lit hallway seemed to illuminate the storage closet much better than you had expected. Without a second thought, you hurried into the storage closet, only to remember about the step that was there, causing you to fall over yet again.

  Memories of the many times you had done the same while Octavi assisted you only made you blush with embarrassment before you quickly swept yourself up onto your feet and started rummaging through the fabric drawer. The drawer was indeed dusty but fingerprints from your past visits were visible on the handles, suggesting that perhaps you were the only one who seemed to care about the existence of these incredibly expensive fabrics. You desperately search for the perfect type of fabric but to no avail. Checking over and over, you realise that perhaps they just didn't have the fabric. Pursing your lips with disappointment, you guessed that you would most likely have to wait a bit longer until you could finally relax.