Thirty-first👣-edited

Monday I was back to lectures. I really didn't want to be here because Carter was going to have his surgery today, but my classes ended at twelve so if I rushed, I could get to hospital in time to see Carter before they sent him to the operation room. His dads also came back yesterday so they would be there with him. Still, I wanted to support Carter, to ease his worries and make sure he comes out of the surgery safely.

My phone rang.

"Hello, my eager rider. How was your day?"

I rolled my eyes at Carter's "pun".

"Hi, asshole. It was uneventful. How about yours?" I asked as I left the lecture room, finally being done with my classes for the day.

"Depressing without you around to entertain me."

"I am not a buffoon to entertain you."

"I know, love. I might be desperate, but I wouldn't go as low as to date a buffoon. A clown, maybe. I mean, I date you..."

"Rude ass bitch." I muttered and Carter gifted me with a wholehearted laughter.

"Anyways, are you done with your lectures?" Carter asked and I hummed my response.

"Yup. Are you going to hospital now?"

"Mhm. We just climbed in the car." Came Carter's response and I had to support my phone between my head and shoulder so I could open my locker.

"I'm also going to the car. Text me the number of the room and floor once they hospitalize you."

Suddenly, my phone started to vibrate and I looked to see Ivy's name pop out on the screen. I ignored it. I would call him later, now I had to hurry to get to the hospital.

"Oky."

I chuckled at the carefree response, stuffing my books inside my locker and grabbing my bag before making my way towards the exit. My phone vibrated and I ignored it, seeing it was Ivy again.

"Are you nervous?" I asked Carter.

"Meh, just a bit. I mean, what could go wrong?"

I hummed in response, knowing that Carter just put up a brave facade and was actually pretty worried. After what happened with Greg, he refused to go to the doctor acquainted to Kathy and his dads had to find a doctor here in town. Our doctors were not that extraordinary, reason why we had to go to Kathy in the first place.

"I'm a bad bitch, Ry." Carter tried to reassure me more. "If something bad happens during the surgery, I will just wake up and walk away. Or, well, not walk.... maybe crawl or float... you got the idea."

I chuckled and lowered my voice so people would not eavesdrop.

"Nothing bad will happen. I will see you before you go into the surgery, then you'll sleep while we'll die of worries into the waiting room, and boom, surgery done. Everything is gonna be al-"

I wasn't able to finish my sentence because someone bumped into me and I dropped my phone at the ground.

"What where you're going!" I barked, then shut my mouth shut when I saw the short boy cowering in front of me.

"Aubrey? Why are you here?"

"You'd know if you responded your damn phone!" Someone responded and I turned to look at my brother. Ivy just came forward and caught Aubrey's wrist in his palm, pulling the boy after him. I followed the two hurried boys in confusion. Then I checked my phome, groaning when I saw it had turned off.

"Ivy, wait. What are you guys doing here?"

"Simon." Ivy responded shortly, stopping to look at me. "How can we get on the roof?"

"Why? Is Simon on the roof? It's interdicted for students to go there."

"I don't care if it's fucking illegal, Ryder! Tell me how to get to the rooftop."

"Tell me why, first!"

"Simon is there with Jason. He gave me a 'goodbye' letter this morning and told me not to open it until afternoon, but I did and rushed here. Then on my way I got a notification with this." Ivy barked in distress, pushing his phone to my chest. I took it in my palm.

There was an Instagram live with Simon and Jason arguing on the rooftop of the building. The camera seemed to be placed somewhere on the ground, showing Simon's face and Jason's back. Simon was having a phone in his palm, threatening to post a video all over the internet while Jason nonchalantly mocked him, saying no one would believe him.

"Can you screen record this?" I asked and Ivy nodded, taking his phone.

"I don't care if you make public that video with us sleeping together, Jason." Simon's voice rang and I signed the boys to follow me. "I recorded your confession on camera. Everyone will know how you planned Carter's accident and what you want to do to Ryder before the championship."

We hurried, reaching the steps.

"If you do that, you'll go down with me, bitch. You've been accomplice."

A cluster of people filled the halls, slowing us down. They were coming out of the class.

"You think I care if I go to jail? You ruined everything I had in my life. Plus, you blackmailed me, I've never done anything willingly."

Someone guys were shoving each other jokingly, hitting Aubrey by mistake and making him land against my chest.

"Shut up, you whore! Give me that phone!"

Ivy turned around, hurrying us to move faster.

"Stop struggling, Simon!"

"No, go away!"

We were close, only one pair of stairways left to climb.

"I don't care if I have to push you over the edge, you won't post that video, Simon" "you won't post that video, Simon" The audio sounded doubled and I looked around to see some people watching the live.

We were almost there.

"If I go down, I am taking you with me." "you with me"

I could see the door.

"Stop, Jason!" "Jason!"
"Jason!"

A few steps...

"DON'T!"

We opened the door to the rooftop just as a screech travelled through the screen.

On the roof though was standing only Jason.

Simon: I belive I can flyyyy

I believe I can touch the sky