Epilogue

Carter's PoV:

      I walked into the kitchen, a wicked smirk making its way onto my face as I saw my husband leaned against the counter, a cup of tea steaming between his fingers. He was wearing a white apron, "The chef's kiss is the best" being written with sparkling glitter over his chest. I bought that appron for him.

      "Morning, love!" I said as I made my way between my husband's legs, lifting him onto the counter and making him yelp in surprise.

     Fifteen years had passed since my legs have been amputated and fourteen years since I got my prosthetics. Now, I had two robotic legs and could walk like a normal person.  It was all thanks to Ryder Morris. I don't think I would have been here today with my beautiful husband and two kids if not for him. He wasn't my boyfriend anymore, but he remained one of the most important people in my life. We were both happy and had amazing families on our sides, being content with how things turned out over the years.

      "What should I prepare for breakfast tomorrow?" My husband asked me, placing his tea on the counter and slipping his hands around my shoulders.

     "Anything as long as it includes you in the menu." I responded hoarsely, pressing my lips on those swollen buds which I've taught to do so many dirty things over the years. We had eight years of marriage together, the day I got my robotic legs being the day I proposed my doctor and best friend.

     As I was saying, me and Morris weren't boyfriends anymore. That's because he was my husband and he wore my surname now: Ryder Matvey.

      Ryder decided to give up on football and struggled to enter the University of Medicine instead. It has been hard, especially when he had me to worry about. He reassured me that I was the one who determined him to follow this career though. He wanted me to be well taken care of. Plus, he wanted to be the one to give me the best robotic legs.

    Truth to be told, it was illegal for my husband to be my doctor, but Ryder pulled some strings for this one occasion only. This is why when he gave me my robotic legs, I used them to propose to him.

      Instead of walking around the ward with my new legs I knelt in front of Ryder and asked him if he wanted to be my husband. Only after he said yes I told him the legs worked. 

     My father caught the moment on camera and now I had a video with my bulky husband crying saved on four different memory Sticks. I used them every year on our anniversary to make fun of him. He would always pretend to be mad  at me and then would threaten not to have sex with me anymore. But I didn't mind, because no matter what Ryder said, we would always end up making sweet love all night long.... well, this only when the kids weren't home.

       Ryder and I adopted two boys after we got married:  Corey who at that time was eight years old and Larry who was fifteen.

      Larry was a very smart and understanding boy. He was the oldest kid at the orphanage and had been really shocked when we adopted him. He thought we wanted him only because we could make him take care of Corey and the chores. It is sad that many adoptive parents and foster homes really do things like that.

        However, my only demand for my son was to not get any girl pregnant and to be careful with sexually transmitted diseases. We didn't have to worry about any of these though because Larry was asexual and aromatic.  He didn't bother with "useless things such as love". He was always immersed in books and comics.