Prologue

***

"Wow (Y/N), your quirk is so cool!"

"I wish I had my quirk..."

You dangled your legs on the bench, embarrassed by all the compliments. People admired your powerful and early quirk... You weren't as amazed. That's when you noticed him - a boy, looking longingly through the metal fence of the playground. You smiled. The boy looks susprised, before he was dragged away by a tall man in flames. You ran over, watching as he disappeared from your sight.

***

"(Y/N)... Come down here please."

7-year-old you raced down the stairs, grinning. However, you slowed down as you noticed a group of men in smart suits.

"(Y/N), say hello to these nice gentlemen. They'd like to speak to you about your quirk."

"Um... Okay mummy."

You sat down on the sofa, looking at the fancy men. You had been asked about your quirk a lot before, but this was different.

"Hello there (Y/N). So your quirk is water manipulation, correct?"

"Yes..."

"Could you give us a demonstration? I'd like you to shoot everything you have at this box."

"But mummy says not to use my quirk in the house..."

The men smiled at you.

"It's okay... This is a super box that stops any messes."

You stood, aimed, and shot a high-powered tsunami at the box. It absorbed all the water, and you sat on the sofa in exhaustion.

"Perfect... Thank you. Have a good day... And a lollipop. Goodbye."

"T-thank you..."

***

"This is my son, Shoto Todoroki."

You were sitting on a chair again with your mother. This time, however, a young boy was sitting next to the large hero Endeavour, who looked odd in a suit.

"He has a very powerful quirk, just like yours. Isn't that cool?"

You looked at the boy, but he seemed disinterested. His face was a clean slate.

"Yeah... I guess. Why's that?"

"He is your future partner."

***

"Mum... I don't want to go."

The teary eyed couple shared a hug.

"I know... But this is for your future. Goodbye, (Y/N)."

Your tears flowed freely as you boarded the train for your future school, where you'd be living for the next however many years.