Chapter Seventeen

***

You trained with Ochaco for the rest of the day. You had no idea where Shoto and Izuku had gone, but you knew everyone was working hard to achieve their goals. Every now and then, you'd see a large explosion in the distance, or a pillar of ice rapidly emerging, or a sticky dark-coloured ball rolling close to your foot. You and Ochaco were quick to avoid those.

The sun was starting to set when Ochaco decided to turn in for the night. While you were also tired, you wanted to get as much training as possible in. You only had a day's notice for an event that could boost your image by a considerable amount. Suddenly, an explosion flew your way and you jumped in reflex. Kirishima and Bakugo were still sparring. Bakugo noticed you, looking pretty triggered.

"What the hell are you doing here?!"

You crossed your arms in frustration. You were just minding your own business - they had plenty of space.

"I'm training, just the same as you. I'm planning to win tomorrow."

"Tch - good luck with that. I'm clearly going to win again."

You smirked, water slowly gathering on your arms. Perhaps a stronger opponent would be best for sparring...

"Alright then - prove it!"

You quickly made a bubble of water around you as an explosion threw you back. You dug your feet in the ground, moving a metre backwards. You were quick to send more bubbles of water - this time, encasing Bakugo's hands. He laughed.

"You think this can stop me?"

Suddenly, he realised his mistake. He could no longer produce the nitroglycerine he needed while the water was there. Suddenly, you felt a hard pressure that sent you on the ground - the water you had gathered for containing Bakugo's power was now sinking into the earth. You huffed, jumping in the air as another explosion almost hit you. This time, you couldn't muster enough water to defend yourself, so you had to dive out of the way.

You stood, water slowly rising up in the air around you. You didn't usually use this technique, but Bakugo was really testing you. You used two thin trails of water at high-pressure to hold a frustrated Kirishima down. Your ability meant that you could compress water particles to increase the density of the water - making it into a stronger substance. No matter how much Kiri struggled, you were still able to shackle his arms and ankles using the water.

Bakugo quickly advanced on you, which you dodged. You quickly used an orb of water to encase his hands, washing away the nitroglycerine that was being rapidly produced. You had to finish this fight quickly - since Kiri had the hardening ability, he could stand the water for a while, but no one is indestructible. You quickly ran up to Bakugo, struggling to maintain all the water, but still engaging in hand-to-hand combat. Whilst he engaged in furious punches, you watched the timing carefully before finally taking a low swipe at his legs and placing one foot on his chest. You smirked, before feeling very light-headed.

"I... I win..."

You smiled, falling to the ground. The strain of holding so much water left you, and you fell down, eyes closed, on the ground. You had won.

***

You woke up in your room, fully clothed. The sun was rising, and you could see balloons and lights that you hadn't noticed the day before. You smiled at the U.A. sports uniform hung up on the wardrobe - it was fitted perfectly. You were going to win the Second Year sports festival - and no one was going to stop you.