EXTRA CHAPTER : New Years

Surprise! Happy New Year everyone, and thank you so much for everything this year!

You and Shoto were sat by the TV, enjoying watching random shows that were on that night. The two of you were quite relaxed in each other's company - You felt safe with Shoto's arms wrapped around you, holding you close to him.

You snuggled deeper into Shoto, wanting his warmth more. You loved being able to be close to him. That's when you noticed him wince, and instantly jumped back. You had forgotten he was sore from where he was injured - yes, Recovery Girl had healed most of it, but she couldn't do it all.

You sat up, very upset. You felt embarrassed, hugging your knees close to your chest. Whenever you saw him hurting from it, you felt so guilty. It was you who he saved, and if it weren't for you, he wouldn't have been hurt. You muttered a quiet sorry.

Shoto felt bad. He often tried to hide his pain, but the sudden move by (Y/N) brought on a sharp spike. He felt terrible when he saw her folded up, trying to act like it hadn't phased her. He noticed the light shake in her voice and it was like a stab in the heart. He knew (Y/N) blamed herself for the injury - he was glad he took it, since he was able to protect her.

"(Y/N)... Don't worry about it. It wasn't your fault."

"I- I don't know what you-"

"(Y/N), I know you better than that."

You felt your face being turned, Shoto's soft hand under your chin. It wasn't in a controlling way though - more stern. Tears filled (Y/N)'s eyes and she tried desperately to hide them. He pulled her close to him, putting his head on hers in a loving way. She let a few silent tears fall down her face.

"(Y/N), I love you so much... If I wasn't able to save you that day, I don't know what I would have done with myself. I'm so happy that you're safe - my pain is only temporary. If you'd have died... (Y/N), please, I made this decision."

He tilted your face up to his again, but this time he was giving you a choice. If you looked away, you'd still blame yourself. But there was a way to accept what he said... You moved towards him, closing the gap between your lips and his. It was a passionate kiss, filled with emotions. You heard loud bangs, and the two of you turned.

"Fireworks... I-I haven't seen them since the boarding school."

You walked over to the window, looking at the beautiful colours. Shoto wrapped his arms around you from behind, placing his head on yours. The two of you watched them at the window together, before sharing another kiss next to the beautiful sight.