Chapter Six

You woke up. The room was dark, but it wasn't your bedroom. You groggily sat up, tired, and felt the soft fabric of a blanket on your legs. You had fallen asleep after completing your homework. You could do maths, but the homework was always horrific.

You picked up the blanket and wrapped it around your shoulders. It would be embarrassing to be sleeping when people came down for breakfast. You tried to be quiet, grateful for your fluffy slippers. You had made it to the lift, before the clear voice rang out loudly.

Floor One

You looked around, making sure nobody had heard. There was only a couple of rooms on the first floor, but they might still hear you. Finally, you made it to your room, the door clinking shut. You took off the blanket, but now you noticed a note taped to the inside of the blanket. It was in neat handwriting.

Hi (Y/N)! You fell asleep, so we let you be. Shoto asked if you could return his blanket tomorrow. Thanks!  -Kirishima+The Others          /(*^*)/

You smiled at the emoji at the end, and gently folded the blanket. You realised that Shoto was quite nice when you got to know him a bit, after the layers of ice. You smiled, before placing the note on the desk. It was a good feeling... Friends weren't really a thing in the boarding school. Whilst everyone was supposedly the same class, there just wasn't a bond there. Some girls were too rude to be friends with, others too shy to create a balanced friendship. Honestly, there wasn't much to gain there. But now, things were different.

Exhausted, you collapsed on your bed, a smile painted on your face.

***

Beep beep. Beep beep.

You stretched, feeling refreshed. As your blurry eyes began to focus, you noticed the fluffy blanket on your dresser. You carefully picked it up, making sure it was clean.

Slowly, you got dressed, changing out of the uniform you slept in and into a crisp new set. You carefully twisted your rose into your hair as you quickly styled it. You soon stepped out, making your way for breakfast. A sweet smell filled your nose.

"Hm? That smells so good...!"

You blushed, realising you had said that out loud. Tsuyu walked up to you.

"Ochaco is making pancakes, ribbit. They're always really nice, ribbit."

"Thank you."

You walked in, seeing a few classmates dotted around. Ochaco had an apron on, and she was adding sugar to the pancake mix. You walked over to her.

"Morning Ochaco, the pancakes smell amazing."

"Thank you (Y/N)! They'll be ready in about 5 minutes. Could you maybe give me a hand cutting the fruit?"

"Of course."

You became lost in thought, slicing strawberries and blueberries. The past few days hadn't been peaceful... You'd had one of your worst memories exposed, fallen asleep on the sofa... And Todoroki was a whole new problem. When you thought of him, you began to blush. Strange. However, you soon heard Ochaco cry out to you.

"(Y/N)!"

You hadn't noticed that you had cut your finger. Blood was steadily pooling out, and you hadn't even noticed.

"Oh, I hadn't noticed. Is there a first aid kit anywhere?"

Ochaco checked the pancakes, and pointed to a cupboard. You smiled gratefully, bandaging up your finger. It didn't seem as if you needed stitches - it'd heal on its own agenda. You sighed as blood seeped through the fabric.

"Put pressure on it."

You turned to see Todoroki behind you, pointing to your finger. His close proximity made you face turn pink. What was happening today?!

"T-thanks..."

You elevated your finger, and pressed down on the cut. You couldn't figure out why you felt so light-headed and happy. Eventually, you decided it must have been a bad sleep last night, despite the fact you had slept better than you had done in a while. Or maybe it was the blood loss.

Eventually, you managed to bandage your finger, and sat down as Ochaco brought over the pancakes and the fruit that hadn't been drenched in blood. Kirishima grinned.

"Thanks Ochaco! These look great!"

She blushed, which you took note of. You didn't notice it, but you were still investigating the blushing incidents.

"No problem! Everyone please enjoy."

They tasted amazing, a good start to the morning. You soon headed to the class, briefly at peace with the world.