Chapter Two

***

The next day, you woke up very tired. You had spent yesterday packing, and you had gone to bed late last night, so you didn't have much energy left, even after sleep.

You sighed - you'd need some coffee, and fast. You quickly slipped on your uniform, setting a rose on your head.

You swiftly made your way down to the 1st Floor, and began carefully looking through the cupboards

You swiftly made your way down to the 1st Floor, and began carefully looking through the cupboards. Once you found it, you soon realised... You had never made coffee. At the boarding school, everything was done for you, including the coffee.

You placed the kettle down on the stove, carefully reading the instructions on the coffee container, before it started to whistle. That's when you noticed him - Todoroki was staring cautiously at the kettle, as if it were about to attack him. You decided to take the iniative.

"Is there an issue with the kettle, Todoroki? I'd prefer you to point it out sooner or later, or is it that you'd also like a coffee?"

He reminded you of a cat looking at a cucumber, the way it seemed to terrify him. Since the kettle was now finished, you took it off, and when you turned around, Todoroki was now reading on one of the dorm's sofas. You finished making your coffee, and sat down on the sofa. However, you remained calm until Todoroki decided to disturb your peace.

"I know who you are."

You looked at him, suprised. Although you knew what he meant, you decided to play it dumb.

"I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about. Could you specify?"

"You know exactly-"

Luckily, you were saved from the awkward conversation by a loud Kirishima entering the room.

"Yeah, it was so good! Honestly you should try it sometime Bakubro - the steak is just amazing."

"Shut up shitty hair."

"You do realise that our hairstyles aren't that different."

"Shut. Up."

You took this as an opportunity to leave the awkward conversation. Quickly, you left to your room to pack your bag. You weren't quite sure what you were expecting in classes, so you collected your core subject books.

Your hero suit was already packed up, and hidden somewhere within UA. Carefully, you put your bag over your shoulder, and walk over to the UA building gracefully. You're soon met again by Uraraka.

"Morning! (Y/N)~"

"Good morning, Ochaco. How are you?"

She smiled happily.

"I'm good, thanks! Though Monday blues aren't great..."

Honestly, you felt her pain. You just wanted to stop and lay down on the ground, but you knew you couldn't.

You talked for a while with Ochaco, before entering class. You noticed the names on people's desks, before you finally found yours. Your seat had been squished between Todoroki and Tokoyami.

This was clearly Endeavour's doing, but you were too damn tired to care.

You decided not to interact with bird-boy next to you. You also chose not to make any eye contact with Todoroki... You didn't feel like going into that conversation again. Plus, he seemed kind of annoyed at you anyway. You noticed an incredibly dark hand on your shoulder, as you saw a shadow-like being.

"Dark Shadow... Retreat."

You looked suprised, before responding.

"What an interesting quirk. What do you call it?"

He blushed slightly as he responded.

"I refer to him as dark shadow... May I ask what is the nature of your quirk?"

You noticed that his formalities were similar to yours, so you managed to engage in polite conversation with him. He had an obvious "emo" personality, but his formal upbringing meant that you could hold a decent conversation with him. However, you were reserved about what you talked about to him - for example, you spoke about your prestige boarding school, but you left out why you had been sent there.

You stood outside the door, legs shaking.

"We are going to pay for (Y/N) to attend a prestigious academy... Then the quirk marriage will be both powerful and honourable. I recommend you accept."

You heard your mother's slightly choked up voice reply.

"I do."

"Miss (L/N?)"

You suddenly snapped to attention, your (E/C) eyes refocusing.

"I apologize Tokoyami. Please continue."

You looked up, however, as Aizawa entered the class. He seemed less formal then you had thought. He did an attendance register, before an announcement.

"Get to the training court in the next 10 minutes, with your hero suit on. Or it's detention."

"WHAT?!"