Chapter Twenty-Nine

***

As you rested in the room, you felt your home buzz. A notification had come through from UA - school was stopped for a week for a recovery period. There were many people injured in the incident. By some twist of fate, there were no deaths. Your phone suddenly began to ring.

"(Y/N)! I'm so glad you're awake. Deku and I are at reception - do you want to meet up?"

You smiled, blissful for now.

"Of course. I saw a café on my way to Shoto's room. I've got some cash to buy everyone a drink."

"Oh, (Y/N), you don't need-"

"Don't worry about it. It's the least I can do. See you in a bit."

You hung up, before putting your phone away. You turned to Shoto, placing a kiss on his pale forehead, before heading over to the café. You could come back later, so you could left all your bags there.

When you reached the café, you saw Ochaco in her brown coat and pink scarf. She seemed fine - Recovery Girl must have healed all her scratches. Izuku, however, had a bandage round his head and round one of his arms. He had been fighting hard, and hadn't come off unharmed. You felt bad - while you were sobbing for Shoto, she was hurting. But at least everything was okay now.

"Hi Ocha-"

She instantly pulled you into a hug. You returned it.

"I'm so glad to see you (Y/N)..."

You both pulled away, before smiling. You then waved at Izuku, who smiled and waved back. He seemed to be in a good mood.

"Have you two looked at the menu yet?"

"Nope, not yet. We were waiting for you!"

You nodded at Ochaco. The three of you sat down at a table, before ordering. You all ordered a fancy-sounding tea, and then ordered some paninis. Izuku started a conversation.

"So... How's Shoto?"

You smiled, leaning back on your chair. It was nice to know Shoto had such good friends.

"He's doing great - at the moment, he's resting. They're not sure when he'll wake up yet, but he's alive. They say he'll most likely wake up in the next few days. It was like Ochaco said - the internal damage was healed by Recovery Girl. She's going to be visiting him for a while to make sure he heals up well. What about you Izuku?"

"Much better now, thanks. I got a lot of cuts when I was fighting in the festival, but I'm pretty much recovered now. I got let out about 10 minutes ago."

The three of you talked for a while, happy and relaxed. In the end, you had grown closer from the incident. You drank some of the tea, and soon spat it out due to its disgusting taste. Afterwards, you all devoured your sandwiches. You hadn't realised how hungry you were until you ate the first bite. They laughed as you devoured the whole thing in moments. It was such a great time, and everything just seemed perfect.

Soon, the three of you headed off, happy to be alive. You walked off, but forgot to ask Izuku about something. However, you quickly stopped as you heard him stuttering something.

"U-Urakaka-san, I h-have something I-I'd like to a-ask you."

His face would completely red. Ochaco seemed oblivious to what he was about to ask.

"What is it Deku?"

" I- Uh- (He bowed down to her) URAKAKA-SAN WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME?! Ah- I'm sorry for yelling-"

But he was silenced by Ochaco hugging him. It was too adorable to watch. You felt like crying rainbows.

"Of course I will Deku!"

You were immensely happy for them. And so, you walked back to Shoto's room, blissfully at peace with the world. Suddenly, you remembered something so you stopped a nurse.

"Excuse me sir. Has Endeavour checked in on Shoto at all?"

The nurse looked thoughtful for a moment, before seemingly remembering something.

"Ah, yes - he delivered a card and flowers. He did seem distraught, but not too much so."

You nodded, bowing in thanks before walking back into Shoto's room. He was still dead to the world. You sighed, before sitting down and holding his hand again. You began to speak.

"You'll never guess what just happened. Izuku asked Ochaco out! To be honest, it was just a matter of time. But I'm sure you'll be happy for them...when you wake up." Tears started to build up in your eyes. "I love you Shoto, did you know that? I really miss you too... So please, if you can hear me-"

"I can."

You startled, before your tears spilled over more. You jumped at Shoto (careful not to disturb his wound) and sobbed as you hugged him close. It was your Shoto. The one and only. Suddenly you felt movement. He was holding your elbows. What was he doing? And in one swift movement, you were pulled from a hug into a gentle kiss.

***

Next chapter is the Epilogue :') These chapters were written in advance so I can't wait to read your reactions!

@tekoyami happy birthday!