16 | soy milk latte

━ DECEMBER , 2022 ━

DECEMBER , 2022

ISABELLE

           "WHAT ARE THE chances you're going to calm down?" Abigail asks, leaning her head back against the wall, legs idly stretched on her peach colored comforter.

         "Slim to none" I grumble, aggressively throwing another cushion to the ground making the short blonde wince.

        "Dude?!" Regina rolls her eyes, stabbing some butterfly shaped pasta with her fork. She was seated on the couch, her wavy hair up in a bun and clad in paw print pajamas that made her look no where near the badass she was.

        She claimed I was being over dramatic, which although against my nature has somehow became a part of my habit since the re-emergence of Dr. Sky Flynn Miller. She also claimed a lot of other things that triggered me to smash her head often but I had become gradually immune to her brazenness (inspite of it hurting my feelings sometimes).

       Currently, I was in the suite which Abby and Regina shared with two other girls, located off campus but still close enough to walk to without being famished. Their suite mates were luckily busy with other pursuits, leaving me out of the embarrassment of throwing a tantrum in their living room, cushions and all. But then, where else could I go? Kat had cheer practice, since soccer season ─ that is, February ─ was arriving in jet speed. Ryan was too invested in his budding relationship with Quinn, Eleanor and Jake were in sort of a Cold War phase and Gabriel was in Nebraska. I'd hang out with Alexander of course, but we hanged out less and made out more so that left me to resort to Abigail (and unfortunately, Regina).

       "Izzy, take it easy" Abigail says, turning off her iPad in which she had been playing Temple Run non stop for about an hour now, "Damn, that rhymed." I force a laugh. I hated it when I was in distress and trying to be really really mad about it but then I start smiling like an idiot. Hence enabling people to not take me seriously at all.

       "They're just your friends from school, let it go Wilson, it's no big deal" Regina adds, finishing off the last piece of pasta on her plate. I shoot her a glare.

      "I swear to God, Reg, tell me anything but to let it go" I warn, "all my life people have been telling me the same; as if my feelings are somehow invalid and to feel anger and express anger is somehow equivalent to stupidity. As if I am not allowed to be mad."

     Both the girls don't utter a word, exchanging a cautious glance before they let me continue.

      "I'm sorry guys if I'm being an emotional burden" I say in a much softer tone this time and put up a hand when Abby opens her mouth to protest, "I know . . . Y'all obviously don't think of me as a burden or anything but to be honest, all my life I've felt like I was, you know ─ I don't wanna be that girl who's always so stuck up in her head and in her tangle of problems that she fails to enjoy the time she's with her friends. I don't wanna be that girl who spoils everyone's mood."