23 | sucker punch

━ JANUARY, 2023 ━

━ JANUARY, 2023 ━

SKY

                   IT WASN'T SUPPOSED to be anything like this. I could not wrap my mind around it, the whole situation was more fucked up than my new YNHH schedule I was so close to ripping off. For starters, I wasn't someone who would bat an eye about someone's feelings, let alone pine after the concerned someone, losing sleep over the same. Emily clears her throat, sliding past me to leave. She was a smart girl, smart enough to understand when she needed to stop her flirtatious advances and take an exit. 

                No matter how hard I tried to shake it off, my heart rate was beyond my capability to control every time I was reminded, at the worst of places, of her touch, her soft moans when I kissed her neck, the way she called out my name. Of how she made me feel. Feel.

              I realize it was real. She was here, standing right before me looking so fragile I was scared if I touched her she would break.

              What happened that night was entirely my fault, I should have been the one at her place, apologizing. But despite being a person who had newly discovered his ability to have feelings, I was still an egotistical asshole and I hated myself for that. I thought if I ignored the situation, it would automatically make it go away. And as the days passed, it would be less and less difficult to acknowledge. You are six years older than her, Dev had literally screamed when I told him, its high time, that for once, you shove your pride in the dumpcart and own up for your actions, be an man.

             Well, before I could find enough courage to walk up to her dorm and be a man, she had already found me. And left me so flabbergasted I still couldn't bring myself to speak.

             I take a sharp breath, walking up to her till there was barely the distance of a feet between us. If I went any further, I would be pinning her against the wall. 

            "Um, just wanted to talk, but never mind, I came in at the wrong time" She lets out a hollow laugh, tears brimming her big doe eyes.

            "No, why, I mean, yes we should talk, my shift's over, was just gathering up my stuff. Mind waiting in my car, I could drop you off?" I struggle, indicating my laptop, sweat trickling off my neck. Since when did I start being such a wuss?

            "That works" She shrugs, looking at me like I wasn't getting the point. Wait, was this about Emily? She said she came at the wrong time when I was literally idling around. But in my defense, there was nothing going on between me and my suitemate. Except for the occasional flirting, which didn't count. At the end of the day, we were still just friends and neither of us had any intention to take it any further. If anything, Emily only ever started talking to me in an attempt to make Dev jealous but soon understood it was unrequited and unlike me, Dev was a one-woman guy. Well, not very unlike me at the moment, I guess.