Strigoi

I began Guardian duties the next week but my attempt to find out why Lissa suddenly didn't want to go to college didn't end. I would figure this out one way or another.

After my guardian shift ended I did just that. If Lissa wouldn't tell me someone would. "Hey!" I shout. The person stops dead in there tracks and whips there head around.

"Christian." I say. "What the heck Rose I thought something happened. What are you doing running around shouting like a crazy person?" He says walking up to me. "I need to ask you something." I say and pull him to the side. I see Dimitri but I make sure not to look to suspicion but instead look like a girl just wanting to talk to her friend... If that's what we want to call Christian.

"Yeah I figured that much." He says sarcastically. "Shut up." I say rolling my eyes at him. He lets out a small laugh. "What's up?"

"What's up with Lissa not wanting to go to college?" I ask. Suddenly Christian smile fades. What the heck? What the heck is going on? "Listen Lissa just has a lot on her plate. Why don't you just ask her." He says scratching his head. "Because she started acting weird like you are now." I say crossing my arms.

Christian didn't say anything. Great he chose now to play the quiet game. "Come on Christian she's my best friend I just want to help." Christian let's out a sigh. "Look all I know is there was an attack a few weeks back and ever since then Lissa has been doing paper work and talking to councils people." What!!??

"An attack!!? There was a fricking attack and no one told me!? Who attacked and why?!" I could feel my anger building. How could they not tell me this!? "Look calm down. Lissa didn't want you to worry since you were in recovery and everything. It was Strigoi but I don't know who or why.. Honest." I can't believe this! There was a Strigoi attack and know one told me!?

"That's why she doesn't want to go to college!? What is she afraid?" I just don't understand. "I think there's more to it. More than there saying but I don't know what." my anger was on high now. "Thanks. I have to go." I say then walk away.

I throw open the doors having them make a loud slam noise as they hit against the walls. "Why wouldn't you tell me there was an att-" I quickly stop as I see that Lissa isn't alone but with some council members. "Rose how good to see you but if you wouldn't mind giving me a second I'm in a meeting." Lissa says. She wears a smile but I can see underneath she's annoyed.

I pause for a second. I will not throw a fit in front of these people. Walk away Rose. "I'll be out side." I quickly move then shut the doors. I sit on a chair out side the room waiting. I hear foot steps coming my way when I look over I see Christian and behind him is Dimitri.

Christian doesn't look surprised but Dimitri arches his eyebrow confused. Christian stand by the door but Dimitri comes up to me. "Whats wrong?" He ask. "Nothing just waiting for Lissa." Well it wasn't a complete lie.... Only a little. "Rose don't lie to me I can see that something is wrong." Fine he wanted to know then I'll tell him.

"Did you know about the attack?" I say with no delay. He seems set back by the question. "What?" He says confused. "The Strigoi attack that apparently happen while I was gone." I think it finally hit him because the look of confusion is now gone. "Rose it's not important it's over-" "not important!?" I shout cutting him off.

"My best friend could have died but it's "not important"? I crossed my arms in hope to make sure not to punch something... Or someone. "They weren't after her." Christian say. "What?" Now I was confused "Christian please this is not the time." Dimitri scolds and Christian goes silent.

"What the hell is going on!? What happened when I was gone? Who are they after Dimitri!!?" My shouting was getting louder and louder by the second. "Roza please." He says trying to calm me but his sweet nick name was not going to work this time. "WHO WERE THEY AFTER!" I practically scream. "You." A soft voice say.

Lissa is standing in the arch of the now opened doorway. What she says repeats in my head "You". "Why?" I ask my voice now becoming a whisper. "I don't know. They only said they were looking for you when they attacked we don't even know why." She says with sadness in her eyes. "Look it doesn't matter it's over everything is fine." Dimitri try's to reassure me.

A cold feeling pinches at me. I was stupid to think I would ever get my happily ever after. I mean did I really think I would with all that I've done? Maybe they were just some random Strigoi but chances are they weren't chances are they were here for a reason and that's why I know. "No Dimitri, it's never over." Was the last words I said before I walked away.

(AN: So there's the third chapter sorry so short but next chapter will be up soon and sorry about the bad pun I couldn't resist. Now to see why there are Strigoi after Rose. Keep reading to find out and please rate and comment to tell me what you think.")