Together

Dimitri just stood there. Neither of us say anything but finally Doctor Martin brakes the silence. "The father I presume." He say pointing to Dimitri.

Dimitri says nothing and continues to stand there in shock. "Yep." I finally tell him.

"I don't understand." Is all Dimitri says. "Well sir, it appears you are to be a father." Doctor Martin says with a smile.

"How? We.... We can't. We're both Dhampir." Dimitri struggle to say. the nervousness all over his face.

"Yes so it would seem but miss Hathaway has informed me you are the only person she has had sexual relations with. I will do some test to further understand though." He says.

Dimitri just stands there wet strands of hair falling to his face so he brushes his fingers through them. He begins to move towards me.

"We're having a child?" He says looking at me. His words make my stomach turn and I suddenly want to run for the hills. "It appears so." I say.

Suddenly he smiles. "You're smiling. You actually believe this?" I say arching an eyebrow at him. "Rose if I can be turned from a Strigoi back into a Dhampir this doesn't seem so crazy." He says.

"But it's impossible." I argue. "Didn't we think the same thing about turning a Strigoi back to normal?" He questions.

I stared at him contemplating something else to argue my case but nothing...

Nothing except it was impossible and never heard of but like he said the same was told about turn a Strigoi back and it was wrong or I wouldn't have Dimitri with me now.

I sighed and rubbed my head. "Okay." I say with a deep breath. "Well now that we've come to terms with the fact that you are indeed pregnant we can now talk about scheduling and what you will need to do." Doctor Martin says.

"Great." I say sarcastically. After that Doctor Martin tells me the do's and don'ts of being pregnant and then schedules my next appoint. He say considering the circumstances he's going to run some test.

The next morning I'm free to go and Dimitri and I ride home naturally he won't let me drive.

"So do you want to tell the others now or would you like to wait until we understand this more." Dimitri says bringing me out of my daydream.

"I don't care. Tell them now or later. Either way there gonna find out eventually." I say still looking out the car window.

Suddenly Dimitri pulls the car over. "Hey what the heck are you doing?" I say. "Rose talk to me." He says turning to look in my eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I question. "I can see that's something's the matter I just don't see why you won't talk to me about it." He says with worried eyes.

"Nothing's wrong Dimitri can we please just go?" I say beginning to get frustrated. "Roza please." He pleads.

"I'm fine just leave it alone." My frustration begins to increase. "I can't do that. This is a partner ship Rose we can't work together if you close me out." He says trying to take my hand but I quickly take it back.

"Rose-" "Stop! Stop saying my name Dimitri! What do you want!?" I shout. My harsh tone pulls him back. "The truth." He says.

"The truth!? Fine! I didnt ask for this Dimitri! I was lucky enough to make it to 19 and now this!? I can't be a mother right now! I don't even know how!" I continue shouting.

"Rose no one said you would just know how to be a mother but rather you think you can or not this baby is coming." He says In a calm tone.

"This is to much Dimitri." I open the door and get out of the car. I hope the fresh air will help me from hyperventilating.