Chapter Four

"Bonjour, Bitch." She whispered.

Noelle turned around and hugged the thin and petite girl. Margo's dark shoulder-length hair was evenly cut and she smelled faintly of white roses. Her thin golden chain glittered from the sunlight that poured into the kitchen. 

Jason looks up from eating shredded cheese with Baxter and yells, "Go-Go!" He jumps up and tackles her with pillows still attached to his body. She hugged Jason and patted his helmet, confused as to why he had that on.

"Do I wanna know what you and David were up to?" Margo asked. Lydia hoisted herself from her seat and waddled over to her daughter and gave the biggest hug in the history of hugs. 

"Oh Margo!" She kissed her cheeks, "I missed you so much, Honey. We were just getting ready to make lasagna." Lydia said as David bombarded them with trying to tell Margo about his new comic book. Noelle's father even came by the give Margo a hug and asked her about her trip.

"Come on, darling. Let's go to the living room so you can tell us all about your trip." Lydia said as she led everyone to the living room. Even Baxter followed along. 

They were all seated and they listened to Margo's fun adventures and all the scenery she described for hours. Noelle's father and Lydia were seated on the intimate love-seat with Baxter laying on Lydia's baby bump. Noelle was seated on the couch as Jason sat beside her and rested his head on her arm as he played with a fire-truck he found in his pocket. And David sat on the arm of the couch on the other side of Noelle reading his comic book. While Margo sat next to Jason and spill her guts about Paris and the french country-side. It sounded like she had a blast.

"You didn't eat any snails over there, did you?" Noelle's dad chuckled as he rubbed on Baxter's head. Lydia laughed and Margo smiled.

"Yes, I tried it. I didn't really like it though. The texture was weird." Margo cringed.

Lydia checked the time on her watch, it was almost 10:00PM. She sat up a bit. "Boys, it's 10:00. Bed time." Lydia moved Baxter from her lap and placed him on the floor. To which Baxter, scratched and yawned. Noelle's father looked down at the little dog and said:

"Can we take the costume off him? He looks so miserable. You're miserable aren't Baxter? Yes you are." Noelle's father unzipped the costume and pulled his legs out of the holes. Baxter shook his entire body and laid down on the floor lazily.

The boys groaned, "Can we stay up until 10:30?" David negotiated. 

"Nope, you stayed up till 10:30 yesterday." Lydia said.

"That's not fair. Noe gets to stay up past 10:00." Jason replied.

"Noelle isn't six or eight. Get upstairs, now." Lydia said sternly. The boys trudged upstairs together. But, they weren't going quietly. "And y'all better not slam my doors!" Lydia called out. Noelle's father placed a hand on Lydia's shoulder and led her to the staircase. "I swear those boys are making me gray early. You see this?" She displays a singular white strand in a sea of jet black straight hair. She took one step at a time.

"Good night and Margo," Lydia stopped to look at her daughter, "We really missed you, Baby. Good night Noe, love you." She blew them kisses. Noelle's father said good night as well and followed his wife upstairs.

Noelle relaxed deeper into the couch, "So, did you french kiss any French boys?" Noelle pried playfully. Margo blushed as a memory floated around her head.

"One does not kiss and tell, sis." She replied.

"Oh so you did. Okay, was he cute?" Noelle wiggled her eyebrows.