Chapter Eleven

"Take that, Alien-scum!" Yelled Noelle in a nearly empty arcade with Carson steadying her hand on the plastic gun. Bright red lights flashed on their faces every time she shot the green aliens on her screen. Noelle could feel his warm breath on her shoulder and neck. She could also feel his chest vibrate against her back as he chuckled. 

Noelle, initially, thought this 'date' was a really bad idea. But, she would be lying to herself if she said that she wasn't having fun. She knew that he was bad news--anyone with eyes could tell he's up to no good and she knew this wasn't going to end well. She knew she wanted to be different than all the other girls in his life.

A menacing green alien jumped in front of her screen and killed her instantly. And the words '2 tokens to continue' popped up on the screen. Noelle put the plastic gun back into the holder, growing bored of shooting aliens. "So, does Carson Holt always take his dates out to a romantic day of roller-skating and arcade games?" Noelle teased.

"Just the ones I like." Carson replied as they slowly walked around the arcade. Neon lights on machines glowed and people winning prizes surrounded them. Noelle blushed as she felt his warm hand brush against hers, silently asking her permission. Slowly but surely, he waffled their hands together his ivory mixing with her ebony. It was almost poetic. 

Carson knew that Noelle was nothing like the girls he has ever been with. Like ever. He was scared to say the least. He wasn't scared of Noelle or his parents and what they would think. He was scared of himself and his self-destructive ways. He had a knack for fucking up his own life without skipping a beat. He looked down at her and saw how good for him she was--she was smart, beyond gorgeous in every way and funny. However, he could also see how he could ruin her. He could fuck her up emotionally and wouldn't even know it. He just hoped that she was ready for that. He has always thought of himself as a 'good guy with bad guy tendencies' but his core was golden--or at least he thought. 

"Wanna get ice cream, Noe?" Carson asked as they made their way to the exit. 

"Hell yeah!" Noelle replied as they walked hand-in-hand out of the arcade almost like a real couple.

***

"You really did a fucking number on Taylor's face. He was sitting in Trig with one eye swollen shut and a crooked nose." Tyler said as he took from his food from the Sonic waitress and apparently her name was Kourtni. Tyler thought she was cute with her afro overflowing from her sonic visor. Tyler checked her out and winked at her from the driver seat. Carson sat in the passenger seat texting Noelle. It was currently 1:00AM and Tyler wanted tater-tots and a cherry slushie. Carson decided to tag along. 

Carson looked up from the glow of his phone, "Campbell deserved it, he was being a fucking  prick." He spat out. 

Tyler dug around his bag, "So, he's a prick to everyone."

Carson remembered that he didn't tell Tyler that he was 'chilling' with Noelle now. "Yeah, well, he was fucking with Noelle and he deserved it."

Tyler looked up at Carson and raised his eye-brows and smirked, "Oh shit, your tutor? What the hell was she doing there?" Tyler frowned.

"Long story short, I invited her." Carson said as he felt a buzz in his hands and saw that Noelle texted him back. He smiled down at the glow of his phone.

"Uh huh, you 'just invited her.' When are you gonna admit that she's your boo-thang and call it a night?" Tyler teased him as he found his straw.

"I plead the fifth." Carson whispered.

"What!" Tyler said with a smile spread across his face as he sat back with his slushie. "So, y'all a thing now and I'm the last to know? I see how it is." He kissed his teeth.