Chapter Seven

Carson woke up with a headache the size of Texas. In the corner of his eye, he saw a stark white note on his jet black night-stand. Carson was genuinely freaked out because he didn't remember sleeping with anyone let alone inviting anyone over. He turned the note over:

Carson--

You probably don't remember anything and I'm not offended by that. However, if you need to talk to anyone about anything. You've got a friend in me.

P.S. You threw up all over my lap last night. So I had to steal a pair of sweatpants.

Noelle

Carson sat up quickly and ran a hand through his hair. He needed to alleviate at least 1/3 of this painful headache he was experiencing right now. He left for school, after he popped three Advils and placing his sunglasses on the bridge of his nose. He parked in his normal spot in the student lot and watched her trail in behind other students. She had on baggy jeans and a loose flannel over some underground garage band. He remembered hearing people talk about her clothes in the hallways sometimes. Nothing out of the ordinary. 

He even heard people question if she was actually black because she listened to rock-bands. He sighed and leaned against the headrest of the drivers seat. He let the morning sun shine through his window. He closed his eyes for a little while until he heard the five-minute warning bell. He grunted as he got out of his car slowly. He slung his backpack over his shoulder and waddled towards the building. Every step felt like lead in his shoes and his stomach churned like a slushie-machine. Carson suddenly felt a hard clap on his shoulder.

"'Sup, bitch." Tyler whispered close to his ear. Carson flinched and moved away, holding his shoulder. 

"What the fuck, dude." Carson mumbled. Tyler looked at Carson and chuckled. 

"Dude, you were really at the bottom of that bottle last night, weren't cha?"Tyler said as he matched his pace with Carson.

"Yeah, apparently, I invited Noelle over..."

"Did y'all fuck?"

"Jesus, Tyler. No, we didn't--at least I think we didn't."

"Boring." They both entered through the front doors together. "So, wait a minute, you're telling me that you didn't invite me, your best friend, over to drink but, you invite you're tutor?" Tyler laughed loudly and Carson held his head like a baby.

"Bro, shut the fuck up, I've got a headache the size of your mother's ass and your screaming isn't making it any better."

"Yo, don't bring my momma in to this." Tyler deadpanned.

"Well, be quiet and I won't have to." Carson turned his head towards Tyler and Tyler could see his reflection in Carson's black sunglasses. Tyler rolled his eyes.

"I'm just surprised you didn't fuck her is all."

"Why? You think I have no self-control or something?" He chuckles softly as he opens his locker and Tyler leans against the one adjacent. 

"Not exactly,  but you do have a habit of sleeping with anything with a vagina. Drunk or sober."

"I don't do it that often..." Carson trailed off.

"Lacey Austins, freshman year." Tyler made a point.

"Okay, that was one time." Carson said as he took out his Biology textbook.

"Corrina Gonzalez, sophomore year." Tyler listed

Carson smiled to himself at that one, "She had a fat ass." He said as he slammed his metal locker shut and shoved his textbook into his bag.