Shinsuke Takasugi

The loudest sigh of relief when Tatsuma is leaving was from none other than Lucifer's legitimate son as Gin describes him. I never knew hurt until meeting him, only he is capable of that. No one can hurt me the way Shinsuke Takasugi can. You need not touch the flames to know it burns, the heat is felt from miles likewise is Takasugi that kid screams danger from miles. But he was the kid who fought for Katsura at his school. I never understood him but then I thought I did and then again ohh how wrong I was...

He was neither orphan nor poor he is a loner. Unlike others, it was not dad that found him. All the credits of bringing that evil lord into my life goes to me, I can't even push blame on Gin.

It is a rainy night and I am in bed already but the thunder is making it harder to sleep. Not that I am scared it's just the sound is making it hard(over my dead body not gonna admit being scared of thunder and darkness). Behind the walls of my room, a shadow appeared and vanished. Panicked is a really small word to describe what I felt at that moment. Then again curiosity got the best of me and I walked towards the doors(how I still wish I just passed out) and there lies a boy passed out on the porch with bruises all over.

I don't know what it is but tears just started rolling from my eyes(stupid me).

What should I do? I am scared. What if something happens to him?

"Gin...Gin...Zura...Dad???"

There was no one around. Then I saw the boy grunt and roll to the other side. I felt like kicking him(still do). He was sleeping on the porch. He scared me to death. I thought of carrying him for a second, next thing I know I was dragging him into my room on to my bed. Leaving him on the floor is a really brilliant idea but then again I am an angel also I saw him shaking. I have put covers over him and I the angel that I am, slept on the floor(that bastard needs to worship me*cough*). But in the middle of the night, I heard teeth chattering and woke up to see him shaking. I got extra blankets and covered him up but he is still shivering and he is as cold as shaved ice. Tears started rolling through his eyes and then I was hugging him. I turned his little self towards mine and I hugged him to my chest all the while water dripping from my eyes. And then I heard his subtle snore and steady beats, I drifted to sleep.

The next morning I woke up to find myself alone in bed and there is a strawberry on the pillow beside me. In the adult world this kind of issue is addressed as "one-night stand", and that bastard just dumped me. But in the kids' world, these actions are depicted as childish behavior.

"Uhhhh" frustrated.

"I hate him"

"Who," Zura said

"Umm," I cannot tell him that I allowed a strange kid into the house let alone my room.

"Definitely not you sugarplum, it's the silver idiot...I was just thinking and I hated him"

The thud was the sound emitted the moment my butt touched the floor due to the reason called the existence of Sakata Gintoki.

"Has anyone ever told you, that you have various faces for various talks?" Gin said

"This is your lying face," he said

"I am sorry Gin, I love you" shell shocked Zura in the background

"Now that silver shit is my lying face," I said (thank god)

Gin didn't come back with a quirky reply as he generally does

"When you feel like it," he said.

The same thing happened for the next two nights only that when I turned in my bed I find him sleeping beside me and waking up to find strawberries beside me. I was so angry I threw them right out of the door and then regretting to find them(oops..hehe)

On the fifth night of these stands, I did the cleverest possible thing I could come up with.I waited.

I was lying on the porch with a starry sky view and I am almost falling asleep when I heard footsteps approaching. And there he was dragging himself through the bushes. As soon as he noticed me, he was about to break into a run.

"I am gonna cry and shout really loud if you try to run away" I whisper yelled so that I will not wake others.

"You are not scared?" he said

"Of what?"

"Me"

"You are a kid," I said, he smiled

"You... want me to?" he said approaching the porch

"What"

"To stay, you want me to stay?" he asked as he sat beside me.

"No.. I mean if you want you to...I won't say no...this is a school you know...you..can...stay.." he smiled again.

"Why did you leave?" I asked

"Who are you again to ask me that now?" that cocky bastard said.

I punched him (yep I was a smart kid)

He kissed me(I question his sanity and my intellect)

(That 5-year-old kid stranger whose name I don't even know sitting in front of me on my porch kissed my 4-year-old self on the lips. I still remember his hasty soft lips touching mine. That fucking demon bastard stole my fucking kiss and I realized that fact when I was 12.)

And he was smiling and laughing where I was unable to process what the hell just happened.

Next thing I know he is a student in my dad's school and the friend that saved Zura from bullies and the bruises were from his fights with the dim silver(Gin).

I never understood him then or maybe now too...But I hate him...I hate myself...I hate that I am incapable of hating him...Then why did I...

"Shiori?"...

A knock on the door broke the memory train, I am in the tub with my diary. Wrapping the towel around I opened the door only to find my airhead on the bed.

"Take your shoes off you Hentai, why are you on my bed? For that matter in my room?"

"For your information, this ship belongs to me," he said snaking his arms around me

"And that includes whatever inside it too Mrs.Sakamoto Shiori"