Chapter 5

"What? Why? But that's really sad...I'll miss you now. Whom do I have now..."

"Really? That stupid grin on your face says otherwise," said Mutsu with her typical eerie look.

"Noooo... that's me trying to cope up with this heartbreaking fact that we won't have girl time anymore" I tried to say with a straight face, hope she believes.

"I know, I really don't want to leave you alone too with just the mere crew of ours. But the Captain had a tiny mishap with the trading...

"What? Where is he now? Ohh god...Is he okay? This has never happened before right? I'm gonna come with you." and the tears started flowing and I had no idea when.

"My, My princess, you just spoil him too much with your love for him. He is fine honey, it's just that he was not aware of few of the trade details and he being himself forgot these documents to be submitted. So, I have to take these to him."

"Are you telling the truth? Is he really okay? Can I talk to him? I wanna see him?"

"Ohh poor baby, if only he hears this, he might just dissolve Kaientai and become a house bunny. And yes, you may call him. But don't cry he is fine. He will be worried if he sees you like this and might just leave everything and run back home. Now, that's bad right?"

"Okay, I'll stop crying," I said wiping my tears. (MY GOD, when did I turn into this crybaby)

"I'll be leaving now then, and you may call him. Take care until I come back and do not under any circumstances leave the house alone"

"Okay Mutsu, Be safe and take care okay? And I love you...so, please be careful"

"You too" As I picked up my phone to call him.

"Hey Baby!!!" and the tears dripped without my knowledge as I looked at his smiling face. I just lost too much and I don't want to anymore.

"When are you coming back" I'm not even embarrassed to admit any more. I do miss him that's that.

"Miss me already?" he said with a smirk and weirdly that got me smiling.

"I do" even I was shocked but stated it anyways. There is silence on his side and then looked back at me and the smile is back on. He was trying to say something but the noise in the background is too loud to hear anything. And wait a sec

"Is that a giant duck behind you?"

"Ohh, hahaha...they are of race Renho, honey. Actually kind of humans but in the costumes of duck. Weird kinks. Right now they are the ones I'm dealing with. They are throwing a party in my honor for the success of our deal."

"Tatsuma, I can see flying things and ducks behind you"

"They are WIIIIIILDD, they like it rough like us"

"I wish they do pecking human-like we do them"

"Baby I would love nothing more than fight with you rather than being here. I have to go but people are waiting. Okay?"

"Be careful and come back soon" I said ending the call and then

"Shiori?" I heard a duck with really long hair say and the call got cut.

Weird ducks. Well, Mutsu will be there and everything will be fine. He is fine now. And my mind is at rest again.

It's 1 o'clock at night and here I am ready to break out of the house. There are exactly not more than 4 people in here. My room has these large windows I could just easily get out through here. Now after all the fuss you might think I would have given up. But knowing me it made me want to do this more and on top of it, even Mutsu is not here. Excitement bubbled in my chest and

"Wwooooohhooooo" Oopsies...I think no one heard.

Thank god and I need to shut my stupid mouth. I opened the windows and jumped into the garden. Now all I have to do is climb that tiny wall and leap. Miraculously all that was easy except that I am barefoot. Over enthusiasm kills people. But, I'm not turning back. I kept walking breathing in the cool night air and my lungs felt so fresh. It has been years and there is no place like home.

As I crossed the neighboring house and wandered even further a park came into my vision which looked absolutely stunning. I started walking towards it. But all of a sudden I got this feeling that someone is behind me. A sudden chill jolted through my body and the tension melted the popsicles. Have I mentioned that I'm carrying around ten popsicles with me? Slippers no Pops yes. With an increase in pace, I hurried towards the park-like every other horror movie we have watched. Then I actually heard footsteps behind me and I realized that I am really being followed. Hope not those ducks. Running flashed through my brain but where will I?

So I gathered all the courage in me biting into a popsicle and

"AAAAAAHHHHHHH" I screamed as I stuck a popsicle in the stranger's eye or so I thought.

"I like mayo with mine though"