Chapter 7

For exactly 25 seconds the whooshing sound of the sword clatter was at its peak and was impossible to hear or see anything other than the sandstorm raging in front of me. Then silence.

And two men are standing barely a scrape on their bodies and their robes intact, one with a smile that sends jitters and the other with a cigarette between his lips as if he did not just disable almost 20 or so Amanto and samurai goons.

"I think it took a long time. Guess saving along slowed me down"

"Hijikata, I think maybe you took a hit to your head. Let me check that for you" said Sougo tapping his sword on the others head not so gently.

"It was you, you gory bastard.FYI it doesn't even hurt"

"Pchh, OHH..it was me? Sorry you just looked so much like that one over there"

"Why were you sighing? And how does the pig Amanto look like me?"

"What you don't see it?"

"Umm...Guys? I would love to listen to this morning soap. But guess we have to head back home."

"Yes, yes being with this immature baby I forgot my manners. You must be traumatized. Let's head back home"

"What already?"

"Yes Sougo, she just got attacked and she needs to rest."

"But I thought we can be friends and go out for breakfast"

That has put a smile on my face. The way Sougo just asked was shockingly adorable.

"It is 4 o'clock in the morning we don't get breakfast at this time. For the friends part, think I would love that more than anything. So, as we are friends now we can have that breakfast anytime we feel like."

"Guess we will like that too. But we are heading home for now. You need to rest and us too."

"You are right. We'll meet up tomorrow. I'm just glad I met you guys."

"We feel the same," they said in unison and made faces of disgust.

We started walking back and in around 15 minutes we were back home as I said my farewell to my new cute friends and was about to leap off the wall.

"For a person who spent her childhood irritatingly protected you are a pro at jumping these walls" and then I heard an annoyingly loud snicker. And I know

"Even an infant could have jumped off that by now"

And then there I saw him. With the crack of the golden sun rays, a breeze of silver.

P.S. I know this is annoyingly small chapter. But I can only do this much as my medical internship just started. I will definitely publish 2 chapters(huge ones) by august 17th.

THANK YOU.