Chapter 6

The stranger said taking it out of his mouth.

"Haa? Who are you weirdo?" I said hitting him with my popsicle pouch.

"Ouch, that hurts. Now stop hitting me listen to me. I'm not a pervert I live next door, saw you leaping off the wall through my bedroom window and"

"And thought that a golden opportunity showed up itself"

"What?" "Do you even listen to yourself ?"

"I thought you were alone even though it was funny seeing you trying really hard to jump that tiny non-existent wall."

"I wanted to be alone and I did a good job jumping that wall and I'm a civilian unlike you, it's not every day that I do this"

"I can see why. That loud person I guess right?"

"You mean my husband?"

"So you must be Shiori"
"Huh?"

"I heard a really loud man, guess your husband yelling out that he doesn't want to go and he wants to stay with a certain Shiori and just want to cuddle whilst he was being dragged by a certain redhead"

"To my embarrassment, yes he is and that's me" "You are?"

"Hijikata Toshiro, your neighbor and a government employee who lives with his cousin"

"Add that you have a kink for ice cream and mayo"

"Not Ice cream and mayo, just mayo. And hey it's not kink but an acquired delicate taste"

"You are weird, haha" "I'm Yos...Sakamoto Shiori, wife of Sakamoto Tatsuma who owns the Kaientai and I support him"

"Basically you are a housewife"

"Haha yes, yea," I said swallowing the bitter taste. Somewhere out there that airhead must be smirking.

"It's nice to meet you"

"Nice to meet you too"

"Don't you have friends?"

"Frankly, I don't know a single soul around and I was dying alone in there"

"And I guess he won't allow you to go out alone, I can understand"

" I don't though, why though?"

"Because there are exactly 20 people behind those trees, who were following you since you got out of the house with their unsheathed swords in the ban of sword era," he said in a single breath while taking his own out taking a stance and moved me behind him. And then I saw them walking out of the shadows and the moon shining over all those blades giving off a blinding light.

"Leave the girl or else you need to face dire consequences"

"Oh really!!! Try me" he said a smile playing on his lips and he surged forward.

By the time I have recovered and had realized that I was actually being followed and this poor man is about to fight for a girl he just met and god knows how this might end and I don't want him to get hurt because of me. I reached my hand to where he was but already there he was in the middle of 20 people, glistening in the moonlight and his eyes were slits before but now are wide awake and he has this look I have seen before. He is a predator and these are his hunting grounds. Now I know what he is, A Samurai. One of those to whom being Samurai is not an art of war but Life itself. Still, I don't want him to get hurt.

"No, he won't," said a voice from beside me.

"He is stronger than he actually looks and a really painfully hard person to kill. I know cause I tried"

"And have I mentioned that he is the Vice-Commander of the Shinsengumi Police Force?"

"The demonic vice-commander Hijikata Toshiro" My jaw was already on the ground and muggle brain is suffering terribly unable to process all these new things. But, I still managed to ask who he was.

"Me? I'm his loving cousin Okita Sougo, who tries to kill him" literally I could see the murderous intent in his eyes

"And you do what?" I asked in between all the clatter that is making my heart skip beats scared to death. I was trying to stay calm.

"Ohh, I'm the First Division Captain of the Shinsengumi and also better than him in many ways"

"And he is the Sadist prince" I heard a voice in the distance. I think it's Hijikata.

"Aren't you gonna help him?"

"Firstly: I will be the happiest if he drops dead but I want to be the one to kill him

Secondly: He can help himself or else he is a disgrace to the Shinsengumi which he already is which will just worsen.

Thirdly: Protecting you is the priority here. As those people are after you and not us."

"I don't know who these people are and why the hell will they be after me? I'm a nobody"

"Your husband is a trader, right? Maybe they are some bunch of robbers"

"Wait now, How do you know about my husband? Ohh my were you there the whole time?"

"Yes," he just admitted without a hint of shame. I'm scared of him more than the actual antagonists here.

"Why did you follow?"

"I know he will be here as I saw those people behind you. I don't want him to have all the fun."

"But you just said that you aren't gonna help him?"

"Who said anything about helping! hehe...I said fun and fun means the blood of your enemies quench the thirst of your blade" as he surged into the field with a psychotic murderous gleam on his face.

I said fun and fun means the blood of your enemies quench the thirst of your blade" as he surged into the field with a psychotic murderous gleam on his face

Now I'm scared but for them.

P.S. NEXT UPDATE AUGUST 2 2019. SORRY FOR THE DELAY.