Chapter 5

It's been two months since my mother passed away due to a rouge attack. She was apparently walking home from the orphanage and she happened to bump into some rouges.

Now my father has fallen seriously ill due to her passing. You see sometimes mates can't come to terms with there other half dying and start to want to die as well, and that is what is happening to my dad.

I can't help but think this is all my fault. If I was never the cause for us to move we wouldn't be here my mother wouldn't be dead and my father wouldn't be dying.

I'm currently sitting next to my father who is in a hospital bed. The doctors say his body is giving up. I know he is close to dying, but I can't seem to come to terms with it. I will have no one.

It's crazy how one day you can have everything and then the next it is taken from you forever.

I just can't bare the thought of never seeing my parents togther again on a Sunday morning making pancakes. Or making it to my graduation.

I graduated a few days ago. My father couldn't attend due to him being in a hospital bed. My mother would have been so proud. She didn't get to finish school due to finding her mate early. It was her one regret, so me graduating meant the world to her. I knew how badly she wanted to see me graduate but she never got the chance.

I could feel my eyes tearing up again. I would have thought I had run out of tears but I can't seem to stop crying.

What will I do.

I know my father doesn't have much longer. I'm going to be alone. If I were to die no one would care. I'm going to die unloved. At least there was still some hope for a mate.

I also finally turned 18 a few days ago. Which again both my parents missed. My father sleeps most days in his hospital bed trying to get stronger. I was finally an adult. Although I could technically find my mate when I was 16 to not have one when you turn 18 is rare, it could be because I don't have one at all.

I saw my father stir his eyes slowly opening.

"Ah dad, it's so great to see you awake you have been asleep for the last couple of days" I said rushing to his side taking his hand in mine.

He managed a small smile.

"Hi pumpkin. What day is it" he ask led his voice low and croaky.

"The 21st" I answered.

"Oh honey I missed your birthday I'm so sorry" he said tears reaching his eyes as he squeezed him hand with all he could.

"It's fine, you were technically there. I spent my birthday in here with you asleep" I said trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm so sorry baby girl. I know it's hard losing your mom and soon losing me but don't forget you are loved. And you are so strong you know" he whispered wiping a stray tear from my cheek.

"No I'm not. I've been nothing but trouble I can't but help feel responsible for all of this" I said gesturing to him in his hospital bed.

"No. Don't you ever blame yourself. Listen pumpkin I don't know how much longer I've got on this planet but I will not leave before letting you know this. I love you and I know even if me and your mother aren't around to see it that you are going to do amazing things" he said a tear rolling down his strong face.

I sob escaped me, tears streaming from my eyes.

"Don't say stuff like that. You can fight through this please don't leave me dad. I need you, I don't want to be alone I'm scared." I cried clinging to him tighter as if not to let him leave me. As if him and me could battle this together.

"I'm not leaving you. I can never leave you and neither has your mother. When I'm gone I need you to be strong. You have always been so strong it's honestly shocked me. You will go out there fall in love maybe find your mate. And please for me give him hell, no man on this planet deserves you but if he makes you happy I will allow it." He joked a little a small smile graced his face.

"You will have little pups, and me and your mother will watch our little grand pups grow from above, and your going to be happy. I know what you have been through is tough but you going to get through it and I believe you can do anything you set your mind to"

he said his blue eyes not breaking from mine. He took a breath and continued. 

"I know when we were back home you got a lot of grief for not being born a boy. One that I can hand down my Gammar position too. But I wanted to let you know I would never change a thing about you. You are stronger than any person I've ever met, me included. But as much as I want to tell you life will get easier. It won't, you will only get stronger. I love you pumpkin and I'm sorry I have to leave you. But I'm going to join your mother.." He croaked out.

Sobs raked through my body. As I climbed in his hospital bed with his clinging to his chest. I could feel his large hand stroking my hair trying to comfort me. I Just buried my head deeper into his chest trying to control my breathing. I then looked up to my fathers face.

To see him trying to hold back from crying with his eyes shut holding me tightly to him, tears as well streaming from his eyes. I had never really seen my father cry. Only one when my mother died and now when he is saying his last farewell to me.

I touched his hand savouring the feeling of his touch knowing it may be the last time. I put my head back on his chest breathing in his sent the one I had grown up with. The sent of my father.

I then slowly faded into darkness.

I woke up what felt like minutes later, but by looking outside the window I saw the sunrise.

I turned over to see my father. Only his chest wasn't moving. I leant down to feel his heart beat only to find there wasn't one.

I shut my eyes.

Just like that I was an orphan.

Words: 1134