3

3
Dave had been sneaking around the house for about a week while his parents were out to take food and shower when suddenly we were in the middle of playing board games and there was a knock at the door. James' mum, Betsy, went to get it and came back with Dave.

"Look who it is!" She exclaimed happily.

"What's he doing here?" Dave's dad glared at him.

"Douglas, he's our son."

"He's not allowed here, look at what happened last time."

Dave walked towards his dad and extended his hand.

"Dad, I've changed. Please, I just want to make things up to you." 

He sounded genuine and Douglas finally shook his son's hand.

"James, who's this lovely lady?" Dave smiled, gesturing to me.

"This is, Gracie, my roommate. She's staying with us over summer," James explained through gritted teeth.

Dave shook my hand and gave me a false smile.

"Lovely to meet you, Gracie."

I smiled back but when I went to the kitchen to get a drink, he pinned me to the wall and glared at me.
"If you tell my parents I was here last week I will not make your stay here pleasant, Princess. Got it?"

All I could do was nod as he smiled and patted my shoulder.
"Good."

He poured my drink down the sink and left. What was his problem? The rest of the week was mostly good apart from Dave. Around his parents he'd act all sweet and use them to get whatever he wanted, but he was horrible to James and rude to me.

He disappeared for days without telling anyone and then returned like nothing had happened. It seemed like James and his parents were scared of him and I wasn't surprised - he was a psychopath. He didn't seem to have any emotion or consideration for how he was affecting his family.

One night James and his parents went out but I decided to stay at home. There was a knock at the door and I tensed, knowing it would be Dave. The knocking got louder and I stood outside the door, contemplating whether or not I should let him in; his family seemed much happier when he was gone and I could see how much it hurt his mum when he returned without explanation - she worried for his safety but didn't want to look after him.

"I know someone's home, I can see the light on. Let me in!"

I gasped and stayed still but the knocking didn't cease.

"Please I need help!"

I finally opened it and he staggered in, blood dripping from multiple wounds on his face and body.

"About time, Princess," he said.

"Oh my god! Do you need help?"

I dragged him to the kitchen and sat him down while I asked him where the first aid kit was. I cleaned his wounds for half an hour in silence. He winced as I cleaned them out and grabbed my thigh when I put the antiseptic on. I ignored it and carried on until I was done.

"Are you going now?" I asked, really hoping he would.

"Don't you want me to stay?" He smiled, standing up.

"No."

I walked away and shut myself in my room, not wanting anything to do with him. I decided if I treated him like he treated me, he might leave me alone. Unfortunately he opened the door and sat on my bed. I sighed and stood up but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"Hey, what's up with you today?" he asked.

"I'm not in the mood for your games. You've got what you wanted and now you can go. You don't even like it here and you make your family unhappy."

His eyes darkened and he stood scarily close to me.

"Listen to me, Gracie, you don't know the first thing about me or my family so don't make assumptions and have airs and graces with me because I can-"

I don't know what drove me to do it but I leant forward and kissed him hard to stop him talking. He grabbed my hips and pushed me against the wall.

"Now I don't like to be interrupted, babygirl," he whispered huskily in my ear before attaching his lips to my neck. I wish I could have said I pushed him off, told him I'd made a mistake and let him be on his way - but I couldn't. I was drawn to bad boys.